Blue Signal Search
Our client is a hospital and healthcare group focused on providing top notch medical treatments and care to their community. They are hiring a Managed Care Director to build and maintain payer relationships to support managed care strategy and lead contract negotiations.
The Managed Care Director is responsible for all managed care activities such as developing relationships and increasing revenue through designing, negotiating, and closing contracts. This role will assist in the development of contract language and negotiation strategy, in-depth financial analyses of contract performance, and making recommendations as to the desirability of canceling, renegotiations or extending contracts.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary, plus comprehensive benefits.
• A rapidly expanding organization with a tight-knit culture and high employee tenure.
• Patient care-oriented hospital that seeks to genuinely help others while ensuring their employees and staff reach peak performance and career growth.
• Work alongside a team of strong medical professionals with emphasis on employee success and mentorship.
• Clear definition of success supported by achievable goals from the onset.
• Relaxed and supportive management teams who believe in communication, understanding and trust.
• Develop, initiate, and lead contract negotiations with all payers with input and guidance from Executive Management.
• Maintain strong relationships with all payers, hospital systems, and/or medical groups through meetings, teleconferences, and correspondence.
• Manage existing contracts and ensure timely renegotiation that includes contract language changes via amendments, and/or rate changes.
• Works collaboratively with key internal constituents to establish optimal Managed Care strategy and ensure compliance and & successful implementation.
• Execute on business development opportunities by focusing on value proposition while penetrating the managed care market.
• Ensure revenue cycle coordination among all functional areas required to maximize collections of expected revenues.
• Analyze the significance and value of potential contracts; determine the cost of care based on care delivery and contract structure.
• Project contract performance based on modeling of actual and representative samples.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field required.
• 5+ years of Managed Care experience in Payor/Hospital contracting.
• Excellent negotiation skills and understanding of multiple reimbursement strategies.
• Previous experience is a leadership role within managed care and/or a hospital environment.
• Proven ability to actively promote sound relationships with payers and physicians.
• Ability to problem-solve and exercise good judgment in a changing environment.
• Possess recognized leadership and strong organizational and analytical skills.
• Commitment to helping others, while displaying a positive attitude in high pressure environments.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.