Blue Signal Search
Our client is a leading manufacturer of plastics materials sought by several market verticals nationwide. They seek to streamline the molding process, so customers have the best designs when it comes to manufacturability and quality. They are looking to hire a Maintenance Technician to support maintenance work at their local plant.
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the maintenance of electronic and mechanical systems and machinery on the plant site. They will also need to be able to order parts, supplies, and relative inventory of necessary parts for their projects. This role is focused on quality, just as the company’s core values reflects.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive pay rate plus robust benefits package.
• Strong record of corporate responsibility, employee safety, and employee care.
• Many career advancement paths and support for training and certifications.
• Company has over 50 years of expertise and growth in the industry. They are well-known and well-respected as a staple in the plastic parts space.
• High level of responsibility and visibility with plant management.
• Industry-leading tools and machinery with top-of-the-line resources.
• Performs diagnosis, repair, and/or maintenance of machinery and electrical systems. Identify mechanical problems of production machinery for injection-molded plastics, molds, and pneumatic systems.
• Repair work orders for part failure and perform basic care and maintenance of machinery.
• Prepare preventative maintenance schedules.
• Maintain documentation including invoices, customs documents, BOL, and inventory.
• Supervise junior team members, supporting them with interviewing, training, and disciplinary action as needed.
• Communicate with vendors, clients, contractors, and internal teams or leadership about processing, progress, timelines, delegation of tasks, and delivery of maintenance supplies.
• Understand and ensure compliance with all established policies, procedures, and recognized practices for safety, health, and quality.
• Coordinate facility improvement projects including installation of new machinery, utility system upgrades, and maintenance scheduling to create the best lean manufacturing plant possible.
• Participate in continuous quality improvement projects and other related activities as assigned.
• 5+ years of experience in electrical and/or mechanical maintenance, preferably in manufacturing environment.
• Must have background in leadership capacity, 1-2 years minimum.
• Technical vocational degree/certification plus relevant training required.
• Expertise in pneumatics, hydraulics, schematics, blueprints, and PLCs.
• Knowledge of the plastics industry preferred.
• Background in preventative maintenance and understanding of best practices.
• Applicable safety training and ability to operate standard mechanic equipment needed.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.