Blue Signal Search
Our client is a leading manufacturer of biodegradable packaging. They are revolutionizing the packaging industry by providing recyclable and compostable packaging options to reduce the impact on the environment. They are looking to hire a Maintenance & Engineering Manager to oversee all equipment/machine maintenance and repair initiatives while supervising direct reports within the department.
The Maintenance & Engineering Manager will have experience implementing programs to advance the maintenance teams’ capabilities and will be comfortable in a start-up environment. This position will identify gaps in training, processes, tools, and spare parts to develop and implement solutions and new department processes.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary, company stock options, and a comprehensive benefits package.
• Commitment to sustainability and innovation – company is constantly conducting research and testing to reduce their carbon footprint and make products that better support the environment.
• Company has strong financial standing and is backed by international investors.
• Industry is on the rise – with the sustainability and other eco-friendly initiatives, biodegradable alternatives are in high demand.
• High level of autonomy in this role, taking part in a lean team where you would be the sole owner of the role – giving you the chance to truly build your career to what you want it.
• Take an active role in managing the day-to-day operations of the maintenance and engineering departments, identifying opportunities for improvement, and conducting employee coaching.
• Act as a catalyst for change while standardizing KPI’s, training and leadership procedures and performing root cause analysis.
• Manage workflow for troubleshooting and repairs, supporting efforts for production and fixes.
• Build structure for reliability program through team management including budget, workflow, scheduling, reporting, and more.
• Oversee inventory management of all spare parts and tools in relation to maintenance.
• Ensure preventative maintenance for all machinery and equipment is in order, along with equipment history and work history.
• Conduct GAP assessments and best maintenance procedures.
• Research predictive maintenance technologies that could benefit Maintenance productivity. Propose any adoptions to executive management.
• Systemize the maintenance operations to support high growth in production rates.
• Organize proper trainings and ensure safety standards and production compliance is met.
• 5+ years of experience in maintenance and/or engineering within the packaging industry. Must have direct experience with troubleshooting, maintenance, and preventive care in a manufacturing environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
• Background in leadership with the ability to organize and schedule to ensure completion of tasks in timely manner.
• Strong background in a fast-paced product manufacturing or packaging environment with proven ability to work well under pressure.
• Experience in a start-up environment, a huge plus.
• Background in predictive and preventative maintenance and knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering equipment.
• In-depth understanding of OSHA guidelines, health and safety standards and compliance.
• Ambitious work ethic with the desire to get others engaged in the larger picture goal.
• Proficient Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills.
• Familiar with ERP and inventory management systems.
• Extrusion manufacturing experience a plus.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.