Blue Signal Search
Our client is a leading packaging distributor sought by several market verticals nationwide. To maintain their success, they focus on product quality, availability, and exceptional service. Due to increased demand, they are looking to hire a Machine Operator to keep up with their schedule.
The Machine Operator will be responsible for operating pouching machines – from raw materials to finished product – to create products to the specifications of the client. They will need to be able to troubleshoot and conduct minor repairs in order to maintain machine operation. Success in this role will be measured by minimal waste and quality outputs.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base pay plus a comprehensive benefits package including health/dental/vision/life insurance, 401K with company match, PTO, and more.
• Commitment to sustainability and innovation – manufacturing operations focused on sustainability and environmental impact.
• Strong record of corporate responsibility, employee safety, and employee care.
• Many career advancement paths and support for training and certifications, especially as production increases and high-caliber, dynamic talent becomes more valuable.
• Industry-leading tools and machinery with top-of-the-line resources.
• Ensure proper production of pouch products and their specifications using gusset pouch equipment and lean manufacturing methods.
• Analyze performance of manufacturing equipment and make equipment adjustments to optimize quality in outputs.
• Verify quality of the product as it comes off the line through quality checks.
• Perform preventative maintenance work and properly report and track any issues and their solutions.
• Handle materials and track inventory.
• Sort, pack, and operate assistive machines needed to conduct proper product processing.
• Understand and follow all established policies, procedures and recognized practices for safety, health, and quality.
• Participate in continuous quality improvement projects and other related activities as assigned.
• Experience in mechanical operations, preferably in flexible packaging manufacturing.
• Experience with pouching machines.
• Ability to run PLCs and quality testing.
• Specialized knowledge of the industry preferred, including:
• Flexible packaging
• Plastic materials
• Mold design
• Automated assembly
• CNC / machining equipment
• Knowledge of industry standards for testing, safety, environmental, and manufacturing.
• Commitment to safety and precision in manufacturing.
• Possess true initiative and drive to get pick up projects and improve as you go. Able to make confident recommendations to improvements, upgrades, and system changes as needed.
• Good skills in teamwork, strategy, and communication.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.