Blue Signal Search
Our client is a global leader in wireless solutions for telecom carriers and service providers. They are at the forefront of the newest networking technologies including cloud, 5G, IoT, M2M, and so much more. They are hiring a Linux Deployment Engineer to support sales teams create, support, optimize, and install the company’s software applications for customers.
The Linux Deployment Engineer will use their expertise in the Linux operating system to migrate and support automation specs as the software is optimized over time. They will be responsible for upgrading applications and supporting running, logging, and security.
This Role Offers:
• Comprehensive benefits package includes competitive base salary, company match 401(K), performance bonuses and commissions, healthcare and life insurance, perks, and more.
• Team is extremely well funded and has a reputation as one of the best in the industry. Have won awards for 5G solutions and is looking to expand offerings.
• Strong culture of investing in their people and promoting internally within the organization.
• Culture that supports individual ideas but strong team backing. People have the freedom and flexibility to solve problems, but direction and support to implement change.
• Strong pipeline of state-of-the-art technical resources.
• Work with a fast-growing global sales team; with thousands of OEM and B2B customers, and products that are embedded with all major Tier 1 operators.
• Company has been deeply involved in disrupting communications technology since inception – including EPC and 5G core.
• Management has deep experience in the mobility industry, and an international reach.
• Receive statements of work from sales team and work with technical sales engineers to deploy.
• Deployments range from simple wireless STP applications to standing up nodes in complex virtual environments.
• Review designs and deliverables to ensure routing, signaling, and networking applications meet contracted requirements.
• Use relevant software design and development tools to complete order to product specifications.
• Use best practices and support development standards. Conduct network connectivity testing as needed.
• Open troubleshooting tickets and investigate technical issues remotely and on-site. Escalate issue to Tier 3 escalation teams and release management to remedy.
• Document product defects and work with product engineering team to recreate issues and develop resolutions.
• 10+ years of systems engineering experience in a Linux environment.
• Advanced knowledge of Linux OS and Wireshark SIP.
• Technical stack:
• Protocol knowledge of SIP, Sigtran, SCTP, Diameter, ENUM/DNS
• Wireless platforms like HLR/HSS, SDM, AuC
• Virtual environments like VMware, OpenStack
• Certifications like Red Hat RHCSA, CompTIA A+, Cisco CCNA, etc. a plus.
• Experience within Kubernetes, 5G, and/or scripting nice to have.
• Must have experience within ticketing system, preferably Salesforce.
• Experience and ability to quickly respond to and resolve incidents.
• Proven ability to work – whether independently, within a team, or cross-functionally – to deploy large scale solutions.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in electrical engineering/related field.
• Ambitious work ethic with the desire to get others engaged in the larger picture goal.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.