Blue Signal Search
Our client is a national well-being and rehabilitation healthcare group focused on bringing medical-assisted treatments to their patients. They are hiring a Licensed Practical Nurse to administer the correct dosage of medication to each patient and offer support to the Medical Director as needed.
The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for medication accountability in addition to screening patients and keeping records of patient/drug interactions. This person will also work alongside counselors to monitor patients’ progress.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive wage plus great benefits package – medical/dental/vision, 401(k) match, etc.
• Fast-paced environment with likeminded self-starters.
• Culture of high performance and quality customer care.
• Work alongside a team of strong medical professionals. Culture emphasizes the impact each employee can make on the lives of clients as they inspire and empower change.
• Work to provide the motivation, tools, steps, and community that will produce lasting outcomes.
• Use of treatments like detoxification, integrative medicine, dual diagnosis care, academic support, structured transition living, community support, holistic rehab, and more.
• Culture of integrity, high performance, and quality customer care.
• Administer oral and external medications to clients as prescribed by the Medical Director/Physician.
• Follow current standards of hygiene, safety, and infection control when handling, storing and disposing of medications.
• Administers medications within scheduled time frame and observe clients after initial does is administered.
• Take and record vital signs upon administration of medications when required.
• Recognize the client’s right to refuse medication.
• Clarify any order or treatment regimen believed to be inaccurate, ineffective, or contraindicated by consulting with the appropriate Nursing Supervisor.
• Assist with training of new nurses and implementing quality health standards/specifications.
• Maintain confidentiality of residents’ and prospective residents’ information.
• Remove discontinued, outdated, or deteriorated drugs from inventory.
• Accurately document medication provision.
• Make referrals as-needed through case-management services and perform necessary follow-up.
• Experience in behavioral/mental health, outpatient a plus.
• Must possess a current LPN license and CPR certification.
• Knowledge of the signs of intoxication and withdrawal symptoms.
• Demonstrates accuracy in medication administration and ability to maintain accurate client records.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively between all organizational levels and with outside providers.
• Ability to perform medication administration in accordance with state regulations.
• Problem solving, conflict resolution, and strong customer service skills.
• Background in a drug/alcohol rehabilitation setting a plus.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.