Blue Signal Search
Our client is a leader in the engineering space with over 50 years of history providing first-rate engineering, land development, telecom, and infrastructure services. Their extensive solutions are sought after by data centers, neutral hosts, real estate developers, and more. They are hiring a Lead Outside Plant Engineer to plan, design, and develop local area telecom network projects.
The Lead Outside Plant Engineer will oversee large engineering projects to ensure they are completed to the customer’s specifications and also within company standards, ultimately providing the best product on the market. This individual will work alongside a team of top engineers and PMs to deliver network installations, while providing leadership to junior team members and some of the best technicians entering the field.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary, plus comprehensive benefits.
• Multiple advancement paths within the growing company. Opportunity to develop niche skills within the booming telecom industry.
• Company has been recognized with safety awards and adheres to intensive quality standards.
• Outstanding company culture with a focus on camaraderie and respect, and an employee-owner mindset throughout the ranks.
• Opportunity to build an advanced skillset in wireless/telecom network infrastructure.
• Large pool of technical resources and tools, with in-house GIS and CAD, environmental planning, and right of way/abstracting.
• Opportunity to get in at the ground floor, as telecom will be the big focus of the company as it continues to grow into the future.
• Own telecom design projects for OSP, datacenter, access networks, and related power.
• Lead audits and manage project teams to ensure on time and on budget delivery.
• Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
• Oversee new builds and upgrade projects through contractor and vendor management, cost estimation, scheduling, budgeting, and more.
• Act as SME for customer as needed, interfacing to communicate schedules, challenges, progress, and ultimately set expectations for scope, budget, and delivery.
• Support wide array of customer projects including broadband, telephone, cable TV over broadband, fiber, and more.
• Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans.
• Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
• Form and lead engineering team to provide top of the line solutions for clientele across SMB, service providers, and co-ops.
• 5+ years of experience working as a Senior Network Engineer/Administrator in a telecom environment. Consulting and leadership plant experience required.
• Experience with electrical engineering, utilities, and power supply industry, HVAC, or related contractors a plus.
• PE license preferred.
• Strong entrepreneurial spirit and motivation to lead and optimize a large business unit.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related certifications and work experience.
• Ability to speak to customers to set expectations, and ultimately communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
• Solid understanding of broadband networks, fiber, wireline, wireless, and related solutions.
• Big 4 Fiber project background strongly preferred.
• Background in network administration, architecture, network engineering planning for outside plant, inside plant experience a plus.
• Experience designing, deploying, and testing networks across multiple platforms.
• Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.