Blue Signal Search
Our client is a local laboratory practice that provides pathology services. They deliver extensive medical testing expertise, working with state-of-the-art technology and practices to deliver clients accurate and fast results. They are hiring a Laboratory Technician with a background in Fluorescent in situ Hybridization (FISH) and Molecular Genetics techniques to provide support for laboratory techs and initiatives.
The ideal candidate will monitor clinical laboratory testing and helping to troubleshoot analytical assays to achieve optimal laboratory workflow in accordance with practice policies and procedures. The Laboratory Tech will be responsible for testing/prep samples, ensuring records are up to date and compliant with requirements.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive wage plus benefits package – medical/dental/vision, etc.
• Close-knit environment with likeminded self-starters.
• Work alongside a team of strong medical professionals offering patient services to adults of all ages and backgrounds.
• Develop strong professional relationships based on communication, understanding and trust.
• Work to provide the motivation, tools, steps, and confidence that will produce lasting outcomes.
• Culture of integrity, high performance, and quality customer care.
• Prepare and analyze clinical samples according to scientific methodology and specialized analytical techniques.
• Perform testing and assist with the day-to day administration of the FISH Laboratory including record keeping.
• Maintain diagnostic viability of all specimens and ensure correct patient labeling of all materials.
• Maintain medical laboratory equipment performance by establishing quality standards, developing operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures.
• Maintain record logs in a timely and efficient manner.
• Keep a clean and safe work environment.
• Give attention to detail to verify relevant data and process specimens ensuring appropriate specimens are handled according to process.
• Ensuring guidelines, SOPs, practices, policies, regulations and procedures are followed.
• Bachelors degree in a related field; Biology, Chemistry, etc.
• Active NYSDOH license.
• 1+ year of clinical experience. Single cell and tissue biopsies experience a plus.
• Demonstrated knowledge of quality control purpose and procedures.
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to engage and effectively communicate instruction.
• Fundamental lab skills including chemical calculations and use of pipettes.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.