Blue Signal Search
Upgrade your resume prior to applying with resumeandcareerservices.com.
Our client is at the forefront of the healthcare industry, with a focus on improving the patient experience through streamlined operational processes. They are dedicated to ensuring the utmost accuracy and efficiency in medical data handling, and they’re in search of an Insurance Verification Specialist to join their dynamic team.
The Insurance Verification Specialist will collaborate with all relevant parties to resolve insurance concerns prior to patients receiving medical care. This position is responsible for verifying insurance information, checking coverage, and ensuring that our patients’ claims are processed smoothly, minimizing disruptions to their healthcare services. This is a temp-to-hire position.
This Role Offers:
• Chance to be part of an organization that has revolutionized the industry with an integrated, holistic approach.
• Exposure to state-of-the-art technology platforms and business intelligence systems.
• Opportunities to contribute to a mission-driven company that values honesty, integrity, transparency, and superior customer service.
• Engage with a team that prides itself on continuous improvement and values feedback.
• Potential to grow and evolve with a company that is dedicated to long-term success and innovation.
• Verify and validate patient insurance information by contacting insurance companies, both over the phone and through electronic systems.
• Review insurance policies to determine coverage levels, including benefits, co-pays, deductibles, and pre-authorization requirements.
• Communicate with patients to inform them of their insurance coverage and any potential out-of-pocket expenses.
• Collaborate with other departments, such as billing and patient services, to ensure accurate processing of insurance claims.
• Resolve any insurance-related issues and discrepancies to prevent claim denials or delays.
• Work cross-functionally with scheduling clerks to ensure schedule changes, updates, and cancellations are communicated.
• Stay updated on changes in insurance policies, regulations, and coding requirements to ensure compliance and accuracy.
• Provide exceptional customer service to patients, addressing their insurance-related questions and concerns.
• Maintain excellent documentation for all activities.
• 2+ years of experience assessing patient eligibility and verifying insurance in a healthcare setting.
• 1+ years of experience in an ASC (Ambulatory Surgical Center) setting.
• Must possess a high school diploma or education equivalent.
• Strong understanding of medical and insurance terminology and billing procedures.
• Background knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid, out-of-network billing, and medical codes, preferred.
• Proficiency with EMR and medical billing systems as well as MS Office Suite.
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to engage and effectively communicate with customers and external stakeholders.
• Detailed orientated with the ability to handle multiple tasks and work under pressure.
About Blue Signal:
Blue Signal is a leading executive search firm specializing in healthcare recruiting. Our healthcare recruiters have expertise in placing high-performing talent in healthcare IT, medical devices, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, etc. Learn more at bit.ly/3G5DbWr
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.