Blue Signal Search
Our client is an education-forward facility for early childcare and development, serving the local community. They are hiring a Head Teacher to support the day-to-day operations including facilitating activities, encouraging creativity, and fostering a safe space. The Head Teacher will work to enrich the lives of children and their families in this highly rewarding role.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive wage plus great benefits package – generous PTO, discounted tuition for children to attend, and annual raises.
• Facility is nationally accredited and has excellent ratings for early learning.
• Work alongside a team of strong early childcare professionals driven by high performance and quality care.
• The friendly and pleasant culture emphasizes the impact each employee can make on the lives of children as they inspire and empower change.
• Work to provide the motivation, tools, steps, and community that will produce lasting outcomes for families and children.
• Culture focused on the emotional, physical, spiritual, and developmental success of children.
• Collaborate with the teacher team to formulate the master curriculum and activities plan.
• Lead activities to crate a welcoming, engaging classroom space for young children to learn, play, and grow.
• Ensure healthy practices within cleanliness and nutrition. Administer snacks and food at appropriate mealtimes and clean up messes where needed.
• Interact with children and encourage their creativity, independence, curiosity, and overall personal growth through hands-on activities and discussions.
• Create and manage relationships with parents – holding biannual parent/teacher conferences.
• Attend trainings and stay up to date on codes, documentation requirements, and specific guidelines to ensure compliance with procedures.
• Maintain excellent documentation for all activities.
• Hold accountability for the safety and comfort of each child in assigned classroom.
• Mentor and train junior teachers on best practices and necessary skills.
• Report any abnormal behavior, illness, or negligence-related issues to upper management.
• Support the success of the center by partnering with leadership and administration to promote enrollment and engagement to reach facility goals.
• Certifications, education, trainings, and required credentials include:
• Passed background check
• Fingerprint card
• Up to date TB test and passing physical exam
• Food handler’s card
• CPR/First Aid certifications strongly preferred
• High school GED or higher
• Ability to complete or prior completion of credentialing programs declared by the state
• 1+ years of experience in childcare with educational focus.
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to engage and effectively communicate instruction to people of all ages.
• Maintain patience and tolerance while displaying exemplary behaviors such as problem-solving, decision making, and positivity.
To apply for this job please visit bluesignal.com.