Blue Signal Search
Our client is a top provider in smart devices, wireless products, autonomous robotics, and more for commercial IoT. To support their continued development, they are looking to hire a Hardware & software Test Engineer to design, develop, and execute testing procedures for software and hardware components.
The Hardware & Software Test Engineer will interpret and provide test results to others to improve product quality. This person will be responsible for producing well-designed and well-tested code and web platforms, with the ability to apply creative solutions to problems, and thrive in a cross-functional team environment.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus stock options. Benefits include medical/dental/vision, 401K match, life insurance, and more.
• Diverse, successful portfolio of devices with a wide range of products.
• Highly experienced leadership with an extensive technology background at large enterprises and successful start-up companies.
• Financially stable company with low employee turnover.
• Company is in the middle of a highly successful expansion of its products into new industry verticals, and entrance into a new wave of technology.
• Agile and responsive team with an entrepreneurial mindset, backed by the resources of a global company.
• Lots of control over design and implementation of exciting testing procedures for new product development.
• Build a test fixture and support engineering, design, and validation activities using PCBA equipment for electronics testing.
• Maintain hardware and drive changes based on test fixtures and test sequences.
• Develop test strategies and automate tests using test frameworks. Conduct recurring maintenance on different test sequences.
• Take RF measurements and record their pass/fail rates and results.
• Record test results and use a statistically driven approach to produce reports.
• Work cross-functionally with hardware and firmware team to dig into requirements, then leverage developers to optimize workflows and improve the cadence and quality of releases.
• Seek opportunities to improve efficiency around quality-related processes and procedures.
• Collaborate with Software Engineers, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to ensure smooth integration into web portals and embedded platforms.
• Create and maintain standard coding documentation in automation/testing frameworks.
• 3+ years of both hardware and software testing experience.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related study.
• Troubleshooting skillset – from root cause analysis to troubleshooting, unit testing, and continuous integration.
• Excellent grasp of Linux, C++, C, Java, HTML, and Python.
• Hands-on experience developing automated testing solutions and frameworks.
• Experience with product lifecycle management systems such as Centric, Epicor, Arena, LabView, TestStand, etc.
• Advanced electrical engineering skills, including detailed knowledge of:
• mmWave front-end circuits
• Semiconductors and chipsets
• Embedded and real-time systems
• RF equipment and circuits
• GitFlow and continuous integration
• GPS and Bluetooth
• Proficiency with design and simulation software, such as MATLAB, ANSYS HFSS, ADS, or Comsol.
• Experience writing test procedures, conducting tests, and proficiency operating various lab test equipment.
• Proven experience creating and maintaining front end web portals.
To apply for this job please visit bluesignal.com.