General Manager – Deployment (Fiber, OSP)
Los Angeles, CA
Wireless & Telecom
Full Time Regular
Blue Signal Search
Our client is a top nationwide telecom integrator providing carrier-grade small cell design and implementation. Their highly rated scalable network solutions meet the huge demand for top-quality wireless coverage in large venues. They are hiring a General Manager – Deployment (Fiber, OSP) to ensure the successful execution of both aerial and underground outside plant work.
The General Manager – Deployment (Fiber, OSP) will oversee projects from bid to close-out, providing leadership to the construction and deployment teams. The company is facing high demand for wireless design and engineering, so this person has the opportunity to capitalize on huge market growth within the next few years.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus full benefits package: medical coverage, vacation time, retirement account with 401(K) company match, free travel, expense account, and other perks.
• High level of influence within new initiatives, major projects, cutting edge technology, and commercial strategy.
• Company is looking at projections of 300% employee headcount growth, as well as 400%+ in fiber project contract acquisition.
• Exciting time to get into wireless industry with a projected $400B to be spent on 5G in 2020.
• Regarded as “People’s Best Vendor” reputation in the industry. This earns them first pick of market share in new build regions, due to their focus on high quality results and strong client relationships.
• Company culture of investing in its employees through career advancement and continuing education, plus top-level industry coaching from best-in-the-business leadership.
• Company is heavily invested in growing operations and capital expenditures to meet high market demand for large-venue projects.
• Lead the construction team in completing projects to high quality standards within the project schedule. Stay involved in all phases: bid, preconstruction, permitting/zoning, digging, construction, punch, and close-out.
• Operational responsibilities include P&L, budget creation and enforcement, scheduling, delivery, and coordination of personnel. Respond to RFPs.
• Ensure project delivery meets design specifications and compliance.
• Define scope and goals, set and track milestones, assign team priorities, and report regularly to senior management.
• Develop, manage, and provide insights on department KPIs.
• Work closely with sales team to translate client’s business goals into meaningful business opportunities.
• Oversee project documentation, including BOM, quote book, invoices, review package, and close-out package.
• Organize proper trainings for employees and ensure safety standards and production compliance is met.
• 5+ years of construction experience in the telecom/wireless industry.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field a plus.
• Ability to read and understand construction/civil plans and specifications.
• Strong technical understanding of telecom/wireless construction and equipment.
• Proven experience managing P&L, estimation, proposals, and budgets.
• Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project).
• Customer-centric attitude with a focus on meeting customer needs and concerns.
• Superb time management skills and ability to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and efficiently while maintaining a professional, courteous manner.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.