Blue Signal Search
Our client enables wireless connectivity across the globe. With the latest network solutions, their tools empower businesses and people from all walks of life to connect to a network. They are hiring an FPGA Design Engineer with expertise in FPGA development, testing, troubleshooting, RF design, component selection, schematic generation, board design layout, and signal/power analysis.
The FPGA Design Engineer will work as part of a tightly knit multi-disciplinary team to design, develop, and analyze RF algorithms and code. This person will have strong influence on development activities and deliver design expertise for high speed FPGA systems and to test and demonstrate the technologies with customers.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary, generous performance bonus, 401K, employee stock purchasing program, and full benefits package.
• Partnered with some of the biggest companies in technology.
• Company has thousands of customers worldwide across many industry verticals.
• Opportunity to develop global product to introduce to a growing market.
• Unique solutions portfolio with strong technical execution and few major competitors.
• High level of trust with existing customers and strong industry reputation.
• Company believes strongly in employee development and mentorship. Number of people on the team with long tenure and track records of scaling success.
• Opportunity to invent new solutions within wireless networking technology – with cutting edge, specialized products.
• Player/leader management that doesn’t just give orders but will go in and work beside you to solve problems and complete projects.
• Design, code, test, and implement FPGA-based solutions for the wireless products market.
• Develop RF control algorithms and RF PHY for digital signal processing in FPGAs, wireless hardware, and related equipment.
• Streamline FPGA based systems and transition hardware and algorithms to instantiations on DSP and FPGA platforms.
• Design, confirm and test high speed FPGA systems operating within digital RF.
• Write driver-level C code and APIs for use in the FPGA interfaces.
• Drive design improvement opportunities (e.g., DFx- cost, test, manufacture, etc.).
• Architect and develop high speed FPGA logic.
• Work cross-functionally to resolve customer issues, supporting end user directly alongside engineering and product management teams.
• Maintain appropriate FPGA documentation in project management software.
• Experience in FPGA mmWave wireless system design and analysis, including RF, MAC, and PHY.
• Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, and/or advanced mathematics.
• Ability to do FFTs, complex discrete math, and front-end RF controller work.
• Experience with RF, analog, and digital circuit design a plus.
• Technical stack:
• Circuit design tools like MATLAB, OrCad, Simulink, SPICE, Cadence
• Scripting languages like NodeJS, Bash, Ruby, Python, Perl, PowerShell, TCL, Linux
• C programming
• RF principles
• TCP/IP networking protocols
• Enterprise tools like Git, Slack, Jira, Confluence, GITLab
• Expert technical understanding of radar applications (continuous wave radar, signal processing, video-processing modules, unmanned land/air vehicles, antennas, etc.).
• Well versed in electrical design, including high speed digital design, analog, experience using Verilog/VHDL for FPGA development, time critical software for embedded and real-time systems.
• Proficiency with wireless test equipment (spectrum analyzer, signal generator, network analyzer, etc.) for CRAN products.
• FPGA tool suites, such as Altera Quartus II or Xilinx Vivado Design Suite.
• Excellent skills in communication, technical presentations, and ability to be customer-facing as needed to achieve issue resolution.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.