Blue Signal Search
Our client is a leading provider of network connectivity services for public safety, IoT, DoD, autonomous vehicles, wearables, and much more. They are creating new ways to transmit data, supporting the Internet of Things, secure networks, and tomorrow’s tech innovations. They are looking to hire a Firmware Engineer to develop and maintain software for stable, reliable, and secure wireless networks.
The Firmware Engineer will be responsible for the development, configuration, and maintenance of all network software. This network is mission-critical to the success of the next wave of innovation within the industry. This individual should have expert-level knowledge of embedded software programming, network software architecture, software testing, and high and low-level programming skills.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus equity, 401K options, and full benefits package.
• Recent $MM funding of their premiere, commercially produced device.
• Company looking to prove itself in the market by meeting rapid growth needs with advanced solutions. They are putting capital into product development, brand exposure, and are gunning for the top position in this emerging market.
• High employee tenure and a small, tight-knit team environment with a management culture that is highly receptive to feedback. Commitment to setting everyone up for success.
• Opportunity to work on many different types of projects, involving tech such as cloud, IoT, private networking, hosted solutions, DAS, emerging technology, Wi-Fi, and more.
• High visibility within the company and industry, reporting directly to Head of Engineering.
• Small, agile company with a high-demand product line and an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Work a team of engineers to architect, design, prototype, test, and implement embedded software solutions to support network architecture.
• Act as technical SME and educate internal teams on connectivity augmentation solutions, decentralized infrastructure, LoRa and spectrum technology, embedded solutions, and more.
• Implement, support, and drive projects to support network architectural designs that enhance the network’s performance, availability, and security.
• Provide high level oversight to technical and non-technical entities in order to define requirements and deliver solutions to meet project needs.
• Troubleshoot, debug, and triage firmware issues within the wireless networking framework.
• Assist in customers’ network integrations by providing customers with resources, tools, and reference materials.
• Support the company as it develops its unique private network connectivity niche in the telecom industry.
• 5+ years of software architecture, design and/or engineering experience.
• BSEE/MSEE, BSCS/MSCS, or related degree.
• Strong experience working with RF, wireless, 5G/CBRS, etc. LoRA, BLE, Mesh, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or related protocol/process experience a plus.
• Expertise in embedded software programming using C and Python.
• In-depth knowledge and experience with the design and implementation of data transport and internet protocols.
• Experienced coding for Drivers and Data Structures. A positive if experienced in RTOS or SDK Development.
• Ability to research and resolve issues in communications systems implementations.
• Experience developing within point-to-point technology, emerging tech, IoT, embedded systems, etc.
• Scripting skillset in embedded environments with C and Python.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.