Blue Signal Search
Our client is a leader in the maintenance and service of laboratory components. They are hiring a Field Service Engineer to lead maintenance, repairs, and testing of chromatography instruments for their clients. This person will travel to customer sites to conduct upkeep, transferring, and other activities for equipment within labs.
The Field Service Engineer is responsible for helping the internal maintenance team deliver best-in-class service to support the company’s sales efforts. They will also work in preventative and predictive technologies to constantly innovate to meet market demands to ensure the highest quality and return product on the market.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary as well as excellent work-life balance.
• Privately owned company with a rapid growth model.
• Robust company culture with values that guide how they work.
• Strong record of quality as an ISO 9001 accredited organization.
• Company in the growing and essential field of lab sciences – providing career security and room for growth.
• Very high average employee tenure.
• Conduct service, testing, and optimization of chromatography instrumentation and software – specifically from Agilent, Waters, Shimadzu, and/or Dionex (HPLC, GC, GCMS, IC, LC/MS).
• Interface with customers to develop, document and manage complex equipment requirements according to customer desire and contract requirements.
• Travel onsite to complete and oversee installs, maintenance, repairs, validation, and customer training.
• Develop statement-of-work and technical performance specifications.
• Support preventative maintenance efforts. Manage workflow for troubleshooting and repairs, supporting efforts for production and fixes.
• Research maintenance technologies that could benefit team productivity. Propose any adoptions to executive management.
• Communicate with customers and develop service contracts for maintenance, aligning schedule with team availability.
• 3+ years of experience in a laboratory environment. Experience working for an instrument manufacturer preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in a science-related field.
• Must have experience with chromatography instrument repairs, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, etc. with various manufacturers. Agilent experience required.
• Knowledge of electrical and mechanical equipment in a laboratory environment.
• Ability to troubleshoot basic hardware, software, and equipment for bio sciences and laboratory systems a must.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.