Blue Signal Search
Our client is a top provider of ISP and wireless network design and implementations in North America. Their scalable, neutral connectivity networks are designed to meet densification demand from wireless service providers in indoor/outdoor settings. They are hiring a Field Network Engineer to plan, develop, and support fiber network building projects in dense metropolitan areas.
The Field Network Engineer will be responsible for responding to technical issues on-site, interfacing with customers to resolve issues. This person is a master problem-solver who knows how to get complex jobs done in high-traffic urban areas.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary, plus performance bonuses and full benefits package, healthcare, and life insurance, 401(K) match, and other perks.
• Company is heavily invested in growing operations and capital expenditures, is venture backed, and is expected to multiply in size.
• Technologically at the leading edge of in-building systems – gigabit and multi gigabit technology that is top of the lie in performance and reliability.
• Every single day is different. Opportunity to cover many unique types of projects.
• Partnered with some of the largest real estate owners in the country. Premier distribution based on unique partnerships.
• Exciting opportunity to be part of one of largest, well-connected set of portfolios around.
• Supportive and highly experienced senior management with heavy experience within telecom, wireless, and wireline industries.
• Control over large pool of internal/external fiber deployment resources.
• Opportunity to work in one of the top metropolitan areas for wireless projects.
• Unrivaled opportunity to gain top-level industry experience.
• Collaborate with department heads to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs and issues.
• Support a wide array of customer projects, troubleshooting and discussing system issues.
• Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
• Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
• Design and deploy LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, hubs, switches, UPSs, and other hardware.
• Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
• Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
• Identify/evaluate appropriate technologies and solutions to meet the current and future requirements of the market.
• 5+ years of experience in a Network Engineer role within a wireless environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field is preferred.
• Strong experience with DC power systems.
• Firm understanding of telecom engineering processes such as cabling, fiber optics, ISP, OSPF, etc.
• Technical expertise in the following areas:
o Cisco/ Juniper
o SFP modules
o Fiber cabling
o Broadband radio
o Monitoring software
o IP protocols
o Fiber equipment and tools
• Ability to speak to customers to set expectations, and ultimately communicate technical information to non-technical audiences. • Good communication, presentation, and teamwork skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.