Blue Signal Search
Our client is a leader in the community infrastructure industry. They are creating smart communities across the country by developing and installing open access fiber-optic networks. They are looking to hire a Field Engineer to assist in designing and optimizing large-scale fiber-optic networks in dense urban areas and infrastructures.
The Field Engineer will work alongside senior level engineers to install, monitor, maintain, and optimize network hardware, software, and communication links; focusing on troubleshoot. This individual will assist and learn from a team of top engineers and project managers to help plan, design, and develop solutions to deploy open access fiber-optic networks.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus outstanding benefits package including medical/dental/vision, immediate eligibility for 401K match, paid vacations, holidays, and more.
• High employee tenure with low red tape culture. They hire professionals and trust their expertise, giving them room to make tangible impacts within a startup environment.
• Company has strong financial standing and investment backing as a startup offering generous equity benefits.
• Opportunity to play a leading role in large infrastructure projects and interface with some of the largest telecom clients in the nation.
• Extremely mission driven company focused on supporting the vitality of communities.
• Company on the cutting edge of innovation, with processes dedicated to creating new products as well as supporting current ones.
• Assist in performing network engineering (hardware and software) using technical tools and processes.
• Identify and troubleshoot hardware and software technical problems.
• Understand client’s infrastructures/needs and provide solutions expertise.
• Adhere to policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
• Support new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
• Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
• Monitor and test network performance while documenting statistics and reports.
• Perform server and security audits, system backups, and recovery.
• Resolve customer and network issues via troubleshooting and communicating with internal senior technicians.
• Background in network engineering, preferably within software defined networks.
• Understanding of large-scale corporations/ infrastructures within telecom, a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
• Familiarity with fiber-optic network equipment and equipment racking and stacking.
• Passion for learning and gaining hands on experience with virtual network deployments and technologies.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, comfortable speaking with C-level executives and decision-makers.
• Must possess a strong go-getter type of work ethic – with the ability to work independently, learn quickly, and handle some ambiguity in regard to tasks.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.