Blue Signal Search
Our client is a leader in the fiber-optic and hosted voice services industry with over 15 years of history providing first-rate internet services. They are hiring a Fiber Splicer to be responsible for the maintenance and installation of new and existing fiber in an inside and outside plant environment.
The Fiber Splicer will splice fiber optic cables, including loose tube and ribbon, and create and maintain splicing schematics/diagrams. They must maintain control of OSP activities surrounding the assigned work sites, take and maintain accurate splicing and field notes, and support project timelines.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive compensation
• Multiple advancement paths. Opportunity to develop niche skills.
• Outstanding company culture with a focus on camaraderie and respect.
• Opportunity to build an advanced skillset in wireless/telecom network infrastructure.
• Large pool of resources and access to upper management.
• Access to top-of-the-line technology, resources, and internal support personnel.
• Opportunity to cover many unique types of projects.
• Self-supervise operations to ensure that all splicing operations are completed in accordance with customer and industry specifications.
• Ensure all needed tools and equipment are available at the job site, work from engineered blueprints, and keep track of production.
• Work with Construction PM’s and/or OSP Engineers to perform splicing as directed.
• Testing and troubleshooting fiber using an OTDR, optical power meter, fiber identifier and scope.
• Provide the OSP Engineers with detailed reports of field splicing activity.
• Review and interpret underground and aerial cable records.
• Make recommendations for changes in running fiber optic cables
• Knowledge of the installation of fiber optic cable in new and existing conduit.
• Able to terminate, test, troubleshoot and maintain fiber optic networks.
• High School diploma or GED. Valid Driver’s license required.
• Understanding of telecom engineering a plus such as VoIP, cabling, fiber optics, coax, ISP, OSP, and more.
• Experience with construction, installation, and maintenance fiber optic cable splicing in a related industry.
• Experience reading and preparing work reports including cable plans, schematics, test results, etc. a plus.
• Knowledge of outside plant operations and fiber optic splice equipment.
• Knowledge of fiber optic theory, including fiber loss, connector types and the different types of fibers.
• Ability to utilize MS Excel or equivalent to document and retrieve splice information.
• Ability to detect errors, determine causes, and make corrections as appropriate.
To apply for this job please visit bluesignal.com.