Blue Signal Search
Our client has been providing essential telecommunications services to clients in rural areas for over 4 decades. They work with electronic and energy companies, municipalities and governments wanting to increase the strength of their internal communication systems. They are hiring a Fiber/OSP Engineer to plan, design, and develop local area telecom network projects.
This Fiber/OSP Engineer will oversee large engineering projects to ensure they are completed to the customer’s specifications as well as within company standards, ultimately providing the best product on the market. This individual will work alongside a team of top engineers and PMs to deliver network installations, while providing leadership to junior team members and some of the best technicians entering the field.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus comprehensive benefits package, including medical/life coverage, 401(K) match, profit-sharing, performance bonuses, and more.
• Engineer-centric work environment within a small, high-performing team with a legacy of success in their telecom projects in rural areas.
• Work in a rapidly growing, essential industry that is in high demand.
• Strong support for employee development, including skills development, support for side projects, and education opportunities.
• Ability to be hands-on and provide suggestions on processes for all stages of wireless projects.
• Build relationships with carriers and advance with the company as they grow into offering more innovative wireless technologies.
• Relocation negotiable.
• Own telecom design projects for OSP, datacenter, access networks, Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH), and related power.
• Support audits and the management of project teams to ensure on time and on budget delivery.
• Estimate and provide design schematics of path, distances, and quantity of splicing work to be performed for fiber projects.
• Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
• Oversee new builds and upgrade projects through contractor and vendor management, cost estimation, scheduling, budgeting, and more.
• Act as SME for customer as needed, interfacing to communicate schedules, challenges, progress, and ultimately set expectations for scope, budget, and delivery.
• Support wide array of customer projects including broadband, telephone, cable TV over broadband, fiber, and more.
• Evaluate current and future network requirements and suggest improvements to support the organization’s needs and capabilities.
• Guide management and support overall implementation strategy.
• Conduct research on network products, services, and protocols to remain ahead of new developments in the networking industry.
• 2+ years of experience working as a Fiber Engineer/Administrator in a telecom environment.
• Strong background in routers, switches, FTTH, FTTB, and IP Ethernet based networks.
• Experience working with electronic and energy companies, municipalities and governments, a plus.
• PE license preferred but not required.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related certifications and work experience.
• Solid understanding of broadband networks, fiber, wireline, wireless, and related solutions.
• Background in network administration, architecture, network engineering planning for outside plant, inside plant experience a plus.
• Experience designing, testing, and deploying networks across multiple platforms.
• Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
• Understanding of wireless technologies, protocols, and standards.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong relationship building skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.