Blue Signal Search
Our client manufactures and designs top products and packaging. Due to high demand, they have purchased several new machines to bring their manufacturing output up to the level of customer need. Now, they need skilled professionals to operate that machinery and meet market demand. They are hiring an Extrusion Technician to assist in manufacturing plastic products.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive hourly pay, plus a comprehensive benefits plan, including bonus potential.
• Lots of growth potential as the company expands. Business has doubled in the last 3 years and is expected to double again before the end of the year.
• Culture of mentorship and promotion.
• Excellent work-life balance.
• Strong record of corporate responsibility, employee safety, and employee care. Much of the paper it uses will be mostly made of recycled fiber.
• Many career advancement paths and support for training and certifications.
• High degree of freedom to refine operational and manufacturing processes.
• Large pool of financial resources and software tools. Recent company investment in state-of-the-art equipment for the plant.
• Responsible for operating the extrusion line – from raw materials to finished product – to create products to the specifications of the client.
• Conduct adjustments as well as minor repairs in order to maintain machine operation.
• Ensure proper production of plastic products and their specifications using blown film plastics, molds, dyes, screens, and pneumatic systems.
• Analyze performance of manufacturing equipment and make equipment adjustments to optimize outputs and minimize downtime.
• This includes temperature, die bolt, roll gap, and pressure adjustments.
• Verify quality of the product as it comes off the line through quality checks.
• Perform preventative maintenance and properly report and track any issues and their solutions.
• Understand and follow all established policies, procedures and recognized practices for safety, health, and quality.
• Participate in continuous quality improvement projects and other related activities as assigned.
• 2+ years of experience with extrusion and blown film.
• Commitment to quality, safety, and precision in manufacturing.
• Experience performing changeovers.
• Knowledge, experience, and/or training in PLC controls. Advanced electrical knowledge, background in welding, and/or blueprint reading a plus.
• Associate’s degree in electrical or mechanical field, or equivalent trade.
• Ability to provide production reporting and ensure standards are met.
• Drive to continuously improve and support the team. Attitude is everything.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.