Equipment & Operations Manager
Retail / Consumer Goods
Full Time Regular
Blue Signal Search
Upgrade your resume prior to applying with resumeandcareerservices.com.
Our client is a leading event planning and services group. With over 2,000 events each year, they are among the Top 5 rental companies in the US – and growing. They are looking to hire an Equipment and Operations Manager to oversee the organization’s facilities and equipment, ensuring their efficient use, safety, and cost-effectiveness.
Additionally, the Equipment and Operations Manager will play a critical part in exceeding customer expectations through the effective management of operations and continuous improvement efforts. This role will also manage all inventory ensuring equipment is delivered and returned in an impeccable condition, adhering strictly to set timelines.
This Role Offers:
• Company has supported events such as The Grammys, The Super Bowl, The Academy Awards, The Waste Management Open, Country Thunder, the Olympics – just to name a few.
• Experienced leadership with over 300 combined years of experience in industry.
• Brand well-known in expanding industry. Opportunity to learn about event planning from the best of the best and be involved in the sales for several large venues, exciting industry events, Top US events, and more.
• Large company support but casual and supportive in-office workplace.
• No red tape kind of culture that is quick to act on suggestions for bettering their processes.
• Excellent work-life balance with opportunity to travel.
• Emphasis on building business relationships, not transactional sales.
• Oversee the day-to-day operations of the warehouse including safety, order fulfillment and staging, logistics, staffing, etc.
• Develop and implement efficient policies and procedures for managing equipment and facilities.
• Ensure company compliance with OSHA, DOT, and other government regulations.
• Oversee the maintenance and repair of equipment while ensuring regular inspections of facilities for safety and regulatory compliance.
• Create and manage budgets for equipment, facilities, repairs, and other operational costs – ensuring warehouse and labor spending is at or below budget.
• Conduct annual inventory and ongoing cycle counts to maintain accurate asset tracking within the inventory system.
• Provide training programs for equipment operators and maintenance staff.
• Track and report on the performance of equipment and facilities, providing cost analysis to leadership.
• Lead process improvement efforts—such as automating processes—and implement changes as needed with input from the executive team.
• 5+ years of experience in equipment and facilities management, warehousing, distribution, dispatching, and inventory control.
• Strong background in operational analytics, safety, and labor management.
• Proven ability to deliver reliable products and services that exceed customer expectations.
• Strong leadership, problem-solving, decision-making, and management skills.
• Excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Sage, Concur, and Point of Rental (POR) software.
• Fluency in Spanish, a plus.
About Blue Signal:
Blue Signal is an award-winning, executive search firm specializing in sales & business development recruiting. We have a strong track record of finding top-performing talent in areas such as sales leadership, account management, and business development strategy. Learn more at bit.ly/3UclKJX
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.