Blue Signal Search
Our client manufactures and designs top products and packaging. Due to high demand, they have purchased several new machines to bring their manufacturing output up to the level of customer need. Now, they need skilled professionals to operate that machinery and meet market demand. They are hiring an Equipment Mechanic to assist in the manufacturing and machine maintenance for paper tableware forming equipment.
The Equipment Mechanic will provide technical support for high speed packaging line equipment both mechanically and electrically for paper products. They will also perform change overs, troubleshoot breakdowns, complete preventative maintenance, and propose line improvements.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive hourly pay, plus a comprehensive benefits plan, including bonus potential.
• Lots of growth potential as the company expands. Business has doubled in the last 3 years.
• Culture of mentorship and promotion.
• Excellent work-life balance.
• Strong record of corporate responsibility, employee safety, and employee care. Much of the paper it uses will be mostly made of recycled fiber.
• Many career advancement paths and support for training and certifications.
• High degree of freedom to refine operational and manufacturing processes.
• Large pool of financial resources and software tools. Recent company investment in state-of-the-art equipment for the plant.
• Role offers diverse workload with a lot of responsibility. Will work in markets like traditional brick and mortar markets as well as e-commerce markets that require lighter packaging.
• Perform troubleshooting, diagnosis and Root Cause Analysis to minimize packaging equipment downtime and drive performance improvement of production lines.
• Maintain and troubleshoot mechanical and electrical systems. Repair and assemble equipment according to manuals and plans.
• Support high quality and safety standards within the plant.
• Create maintenance and troubleshooting plans. Ensure correct, complete and timely orders of parts and inventory for proper operations.
• Continuously evaluate current system and network to determine best vendors, processes, etc.
• Support high quality and safety standards within manufacturing plant and distribution.
• Identify inefficiencies and analyze root cause and solutions.
• Inspect products and oversee improvement projects for packaging systems.
• 2+ years of experience in an industrial manufacturing environment, ideally within inspection and maintenance for paper packaging products. Ideally paper tableware products.
• Background in power systems or electronics a plus.
• Strong PLC (programmable logic controller) technical understanding. PLCs like PlantPax, Siemens PLC, Wonderware, etc. a plus.
• Ability to assist in minor mechanical equipment troubleshooting and fixes.
• Technical knowledge of welding, blueprint reading, measurements, mathematics, etc.
• Possess true initiative and drive to get pick up projects and improve as you go. Able to make confident recommendations to improvements, upgrades, and system changes as needed.
• Associate’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical trades, or related field. Bachelor’s a plus.
• Good skills in teamwork, strategy, and communication. Must be able to work well in a team environment but operate independently.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.