Equipment Mechanic – PLC
Plastics & Packaging
Full Time Regular
Blue Signal Search
Upgrade your resume prior to applying with resumeandcareerservices.com.
Our client is a leading packaging manufacturer for the food & beverage industry. With over two decades in the industry, our client has an impressive portfolio and customer base. They are hiring an Equipment Mechanic to maintain and repair PLC systems on the plant site.
This person should be skilled in diagnosing problems through troubleshooting, replacing, and repairing parts, and testing equipment to ensure the proper functionalities. The Equipment Mechanic will also provide technical support for high-speed packaging line equipment both mechanically and electrically.
This role has 12-hour shifts on a 2-2-3 schedule from 6PM-6:30AM.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary, plus comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental/vision, 401(k) match, paid vacation and holidays, and more.
• Outstanding culture with a focus on camaraderie and respect.
• Established support structure and large pool of resources.
• Strong safety culture and safety performance at each facility.
• Perform diagnosis, repair, and/or maintenance of PLC systems.
• Maintain and troubleshoot mechanical and electrical systems. Repair and assemble equipment according to manuals and plans.
• Support high quality and safety standards within the plant.
• Create maintenance and troubleshooting plans. Ensure correct, complete, and timely orders of parts and inventory for proper operations.
• Continuously evaluate current system and network to determine best vendors, processes, etc.
• Support high quality and safety standards within manufacturing plant and distribution.
• Identify inefficiencies and analyze root cause and solutions.
• Inspect products and oversee improvement projects for packaging systems.
• 1+ years of experience in an industrial manufacturing environment, preferably packaging production.
• GED or High School Diploma required.
• Must be able to work 3rd shift.
• Strong PLC (programmable logic controller) technical understanding.
• Ambitious work ethic with the desire to get others engaged in the larger picture goal.
• Background in preventative maintenance for PLCs and understanding of best practices.
• Experience troubleshooting both electrical and mechanical systems.
About Blue Signal:
As an award-winning executive search firm, Blue Signal has a strong track record of placing top talent in the plastics & packaging space. Our plastics recruiters have deep industry expertise in plastics manufacturing, packaging design, and materials engineering. Learn more at bit.ly/42LvQVM
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.