Blue Signal Search
Our client is in the exciting business of smart devices, connected solutions, and content delivery. They are hiring an Edge Architect to help shape and expand their IoT technology team through IoT, embedded hardware design, development, and optimization.
This IoT Systems Architect will leverage expertise in hardware and software for IoT systems to strategize and develop plans for IoT products. They will work alongside the IoT team to drive product development from design to production. They will have technical ownership over edge embedded smart devices destined for application in all sorts of industry verticals. This role provides independence and control within a start-up type environment, backed by an established, successful company in the IoT industry.
This Role Offers:
• Company prioritizing growth within the booming IoT industry, investing in connectivity, smart devices, gateway, etc. Opportunity to join a company at the onset of this huge tech launch.
• Comprehensive benefits package includes competitive base salary, health insurance, and more.
• Team is extremely well funded, and company has a reputation as one of the best in the industry.
• Strong culture of promoting its people internally within the organization. Employees encouraged to create their own opportunities based on performance rather than executive constraints.
• Strong pipeline of support with state-of-the-art technical resources.
• Independence and decision-making power. Team rising in company importance as IoT space becomes more prominent in competitive marketplace.
• Encouragement to innovate. Voices heard. Process and hardware design up to debate and can change based on cases made by employees.
• Drive hardware architecture by gathering requirements and leading validation campaigns of edge systems through use of a test plan.
• Develop and document special test routines in C++/MATLAB.
• Develop solutions and optimize hardware and software for best outcomes, balancing technical negotiations among edge, embedded, gateway, connectivity, etc.
• Drive mechanical design from end to end, including developing levels of priority and identifying areas of improvement among functionality, latency, power, performance, etc.
• Act as subject matter expert on hardware requirements for IoT products.
• Collaborate with firmware teams to support prototype design testing and troubleshooting, and product improvement.
• Drive product lifecycle from end to end, including roadmapping and developing plans for features, purposes, and use cases for new products.
• Brainstorm with executive leadership on competitor products, the technology landscape, regional trends, compliance laws, and other relevant market data. Suggest applications and innovation for internal use.
• Attend top industry conferences and trade shows targeting IoT, connectivity, and smart devices to stay abreast of current innovation within the space.
• 5+ years of technical IoT and related smart device hardware development experience.
• Background in data processors, edge computing, gateway devices, etc.
• Proficient in hardware roadmapping, system requirements, design, and testing.
• Knowledge of C++, Perl, Python, MATLAB, Visual Basic, or other Layout/Simulation tools a plus.
• BS in Electrical Engineering, related field, or equivalent work experience; MS/PhD is a plus.
• Knowledge of Analog/Mixed Signal/Digital CMOS circuits, PCB, microprocessors, aggregate data, and wireless sensors.
• Technical understanding of wireless and IoT devices, especially for smart device applications.
• Hunger to work in fast-paced, performance-based environment where growth is set at own pace, and sky is the limit for process optimization, product development, and even leadership.
• Proficiency with various hardware and networking communication protocols.
• Experience with analog hardware design and understanding of RF/cellular connectivity a plus.
• Strong technical presentation, documentation, and communication skills. Experience working with global teams a plus.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.