Blue Signal Search
Our client is an innovative, international leader in the biotech industry. They are manufacturing medications and developing medical processes that will revolutionize the healthcare industry as a whole and change the way we treat illness. They are hiring a Director, Research & Development to help lead and coordinate H2L and IND-enabling projects, to convert strategic objectives into plans, and ensure timeline goals are met.
The R&D Director is responsible for leading and executing key projects to completion. Their goal is to ensure there is alignment across R&D teams, manage the full-cycle projects. This person will play a large role in the success of this organization in their beginning growth stage while shaping project execution and programs as they see fit.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary, equity opportunity, and comprehensive benefits plan, including medical/dental/vision, 401K match, and more.
• Opportunity to develop niche skills in the highly competitive, newly developed, and technologically advanced biotechnology space.
• Company at the beginning stages of an incredible growth phase offering extensive career advancement paths.
• Highly experienced leadership with deep market expertise and product marketing experience.
• High degree of autonomy to bring a fresh perspective to the business development team and restructure processes and relationships.
• Ability to help the company tap into a global marketplace and be a part of the key support system that leads to the next big breakthrough in BioMed.
• Manage 3+ highly complex, high-profile project, R&D IND-enabling projects in core Therapeutic Areas: Biotech and Pharma
• Manage highly complex project communications and ensures that all project teams are fully informed and knowledgeable of project activities and their status.
• Organize the formation of R&D project task teams with the leadership of the functional areas and guide the transition of projects between development phases.
• Lead the design, implementation, and update of life cycle development plans, which articulate the vision & strategy for asset maximization to define the scope of project deliverables.
• Provide updates and oversight of project timelines and performance, serving as a point of escalation.
• Enable high-performing teams by ensuring there are good team dynamics within the project team
• Manage projects and direct activities of the operations and business development teams.
• Collaborate with internal R&D teams to support a cohesive strategy.
• Bachelor’s degree in related fields such as Business or Science required, Masters, preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of the drug development process and deep understanding of the application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards of drug and pharmaceutical project management.
• 10+ years of experience working in Biotech and Pharma.
• 5+ years of leading cross-functional R&D projects within applicable industries.
• Experience building, managing and articulating comprehensive, complex, cross-functional plans.
• Extensive experience with investigational new drug (IND-enabling) and/or regulator studies is required.
• PMP (Project Management Professional) or other PM certification or equivalent a plus.
• Expert-level ability in handling multiple priorities and projects at once while meeting deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication; comfortable delivering presentations to C-level executives.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.