Blue Signal Search
Our client is a leading distribution company offering solutions in logistics, inventory management, production, and manufacturing. They provide top-notch customer assurance, with quality and productivity, front of mind. They are hiring a Director of Quality Management to support and lead quality improvement initiatives while ensuring safety and production compliance.
The Director of Quality Management is responsible for planning, developing, and maintaining all quality assurance systems in distribution facilities. Success will be measured by their ability to improve quality management systems, support continuous improvement efforts, and in implementing and enforcing quality plans.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus benefits package including medical/dental/vision, 401(k), PTO, etc.
• Many career advancement paths and a true bootstraps culture. Many tenured employees who have worked themselves up through company ranks.
• Extremely high visibility, with direct access to directors and senior level executives.
• Successful portfolio of products with a wide range of applications.
• High level of autonomy in this role, taking department ownership with the opportunity to implement change as you see fit.
• Opportunity to grow with the organization during the expansion of new facilities and verticals.
• Take an active role in managing the day-to-day operations of managers and teams with the quality department, identifying opportunities for improvement.
• Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics, and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets, quality, and safety.
• Manage quality incident resolution process including completion of root cause analyses, calculation of total cost of quality, implementation of corrective actions, and communication to key stakeholders.
• Conduct regular production/safety meetings with department staff to address quality concerns and implement operational improvements.
• Provide leadership and drive quality training initiatives for employees.
• Work cross-functionally with internal teams to support quality, performance, and production value initiatives.
• Maintain quality metrics and ensure proper documentation and reporting is in compliance with regulatory standards.
• 8+ years of experience working with quality management systems in a distribution environment.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a high-level management role, overseeing direct reports.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline, preferred.
• In-depth background working with 3PL is required.
• Firm understanding of LEAN methodologies and continuous improvement.
• Expertise in working with various QA software, automation tools and applications.
• Background implementing QA systems within a manufacturing environment.
• Proven ability to increase customer satisfaction by managing process improvement and production quality.
• Advanced MS Office Suite skills, specifically within Excel.
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to organize, schedule, and lead to ensure completion of tasks with quality and productivity as the goal.
• Experience in industries working with FDA standards, a plus.
• Ambitious work ethic with the desire to get others engaged in the larger picture goal.
• Excellent training and presentation skills and the ability to explain safety concepts to others.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.