Blue Signal Search
Our client is a global leader in sustainable packaging. Their highly respected industry reputation is based on quality customer service, attention to detail, and a high commitment to ethics. They are hiring a Director of Product Safety & Compliance to oversee regulatory affairs in support of research and development as they continue to create new products for pharma, cosmetic, F&B, and other industries.
The Director of Product Safety & Compliance will be responsible for strategy development, oversight, and implementation of programs that enable the company to responsibly manage the health, safety, and environmental aspects of raw materials, intermediate, and products throughout their life cycle and across the value chain. This person will represent product safety and compliance as part of a global council addressing regulations, policies, procedures, and more.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary. Benefits include medical/dental/vision, 401(K) match, bonus potential, and more.
• Opportunity to take part in the highly competitive packaging space, alongside a company known for its innovation within sustainable products.
• Highly experienced leadership and a culture of mentorship and innovation. They treat their workforce like family!
• Stable company with over hundreds of years of experience developing and producing top of the line packing products.
• Company and its plants have one of the best safety records in the industry. The position is virtually set up for success!
• Opportunity for training and development in order to advance career within – multiple career progression paths.
• Opportunity to leave your mark on a global company as it expands its largest business unit through research and development.
• Strong progression path, with opportunity to build teams and shape global operations as role develops and expands.
• Responsible for product safety and compliance through team leadership, with direct reports implementing EHS best practices within product R&D.
• Develop future talent by coaching and mentoring direct reports.
• Ensure compliance with all laws, regulations, company policies, ISO, etc.
• Conduct daily/weekly compliance/safety meetings with R&D staff to drive the vision for product safety and ensure proper understanding of process changes/improvements.
• Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics, and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets, quality, and safety.
• Interact cross-functionally with R&D team to coordinate compliance documentation and find/address areas of inefficiency.
• Coordinate the integration of current systems to synergize cross-departmental processes.
• Create a more business-facing influence for the safety and compliance team through clear communication with partners/internal customers. Manage supplier quality scorecard.
• 10+ years of experience in product development or R&D, with expertise in compliance, EHS, and quality.
• Background in leadership with the ability to inspire excellence and lead with purpose.
• Ambitious work ethic with the desire to get others engaged in the larger picture goal.
• Proven ability to turn around or takeover team strategy preferred.
• Ability to lead presentations, deliver value props, and communicate technical ideas to non-technical audiences.
• Knowledge of common regulations and policies pertaining to the industry, including:
• OECD, ISO, US-FDA, US-EPA
• GHS standard
• LEAN manufacturing best practices
• Familiar with database management, waste reduction, and operational efficiency goals.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant engineering field required. Industry certifications a plus.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.