Blue Signal Search
Our client is a top nationwide telecom integrator providing carrier-grade small cell design and implementation. Their highly rated scalable network solutions meet the huge demand for top-quality wireless coverage in large venues. They are hiring a Director of OSP/Fiber Engineering to manage fiber and network projects, due to high demand and national market share growth.
The Director will have ownership of all fiber projects. The company is facing high demand for wireless design and engineering, so this person has the opportunity to capitalize on huge market growth within the next few years.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus full benefits package: medical coverage, vacation time, retirement account with 401(K) company match, free travel, expense account, and other perks.
• Opportunity to expand and run a commercial telecom practice within a large and thriving nationwide turnkey integrator.
• High level of influence within new initiatives, major projects, cutting edge technology, and commercial strategy.
• Company is looking at projections of 300% employee headcount growth, as well as 400%+ in fiber project contract acquisition.
• Exciting time to get into wireless industry with a projected $400B to be spent on 5G in 2020.
• Competitive industry pricing with healthy margins on nodes and fiber.
• Regarded as “People’s Best Vendor” reputation in the industry. This earns them first pick of market share in new build regions, due to their focus on high quality results and strong client relationships.
• Company culture of investing in its employees through career advancement and continuing education, plus top-level industry coaching from best-in-the-business leadership.
• Company is heavily invested in growing operations and capital expenditures to meet high market demand for large-venue projects.
• Control over large pool of internal/external fiber deployment resources.
• Manage telecom projects from end to end – strategy, consulting, permitting, and engineering with a focus on fiber (underground and aerial) projects.
• Manage engineering and operational teams across large geographic service areas for network construction; including all personnel needed for aerial and underground projects.
• Manage and coordinate high-level operations of utilities providers, contracting teams, and design engineering team.
• Escalate projects as needed and draft action plans to address issues.
• Approve and deliver technical presentations with potential clients across several industry verticals. Prepare P&L, bids, and proposals for fiber projects.
• Run meetings with clients to discuss numbers, contracts, technical details, schematics, timelines, and project requirements.
• Own permitting efforts.
• Identify risks and implement effective risk mitigation strategies, including forecasting of budget and schedule changes.
• Oversee management and construction managers on price quotes, safety issues, project timelines, potential project challenges, materials, and equipment.
• Build client relationships and keep them updated regularly on construction. Support construction teams to help them resolve problems in a timely manner.
• 10+ years of OSP/fiber engineering experience.
• Strong background with telecom/wireless projects for major carriers, MNOs/MVNOs, and integrators at both the national and regional level.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, technology, or related field. Master’s a plus.
• Experience managing remote teams, overseeing multiple offices, or growing organizations.
• Proven ability to manage large volume project fluctuations. Relationships with subcontractors or other external personnel beneficial.
• Strong technical understanding of telecom and wireless technology, especially RF, fiber, DAS, and small cell – with hands-on engineering background.
• Understanding of permitting and estimating.
• Strong team leadership skills – can effectively manage complex teams made up of internal employees, contractors, construction teams, engineers, vendors, design firms, executive management, and municipal representatives.
• Excellent negotiation skills, with experience communicating with municipalities, permitting, etc.
• Knowledge of GIS and AutoCAD for aerial and underground engineering.
• Fiber to the home and/or GPON experience preferred.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.