Director of Operations – Warehouse
Logistics & Supply Chain
Full Time Regular
Blue Signal Search
Our client is a leading distribution company offering solutions in logistics, inventory management, production, and manufacturing. They provide top-notch customer assurance, with quality and productivity, front of mind. They are hiring a Director of Operations to oversee the daily functions, operations, and processes of warehousing and packaging.
The Director of Operations will manage daily operations, communicate goals, and develop employees within their practice field. This person will be a leader of the branch, ensuring safety and continuous improvement throughout production.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus benefits package including medical/dental/vision, 401(k), PTO, etc.
• Many career advancement paths and a true bootstraps culture. Many tenured employees who have worked themselves up through company ranks.
• Extremely high visibility, with direct access to directors and senior level executives.
• Successful portfolio of products with a wide range of applications.
• High level of autonomy in this role, taking department ownership with the opportunity to implement change as you see fit.
• Opportunity to grow with the organization during the expansion of new facilities and verticals.
• Take an active role in managing the day-to-day operations of managers and teams, identifying opportunities for improvement.
• Act as a catalyst for change while standardizing KPI’s, training and leadership procedures, and performing assessments of productivity.
• Facilitate communication of goals and changes between upper management and warehouse staff, working cross-functionally with other internal teams.
• Build structure for internal programs through team management including budget, workflow, scheduling, reporting, and more.
• Align internal employees and outside resources and partners with safety processes and procedures, ensuring compliance with ISO quality standards.
• Oversee production support including equipment maintenance, scheduling, and quality.
• Improve operational overhead through cost-saving initiatives, inventory control, and streamlining warehouse operations and administrative processes.
• Automate operations to support high growth in production rates and improve customer satisfaction.
• 10+ years of experience in warehousing, distribution, packaging, and/or manufacturing facilities.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a high-level management role, overseeing direct reports.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline, preferred. Six Sigma Certification, a big plus.
• In-depth background working with 3PL is required.
• Experience in the Food & Beverage industry working with FDA standards, a plus.
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to organize, schedule, and lead to ensure completion of tasks with quality and productivity as the goal.
• Background with systems management, waste reduction, inventory control, and production efficiency goals.
• Advanced MS Office Suite skills, specifically within Excel.
• Ambitious work ethic with the desire to get others engaged in the larger picture goal.
• Excellent training and presentation skills and the ability to explain safety concepts to others.
• Strong experience managing and designing the daily operations of a manufacturing environment and supporting team.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.