Blue Signal Search
Our client is an international manufacturer of products that help support industries like healthcare, medical, and pharmaceuticals. They are hiring a Director of Operations with a background in manufacturing to oversee operations for their newly acquired plant location.
The Director of Operations is responsible for developing and growing the site. Primarily, they will create plans, and make hires in order to meet the growing demand for the plant’s production. This role will also hold managerial responsibilities over operational teams, with direct reports at the Supervisor level.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary, bonus potential, equity opportunity, and comprehensive benefits plan, including medical/dental/vision, 401K match, and more.
• Opportunity to join growing organization during the development of one of their newest plant sites – with responsibility for its development. Position set up for success within the booming, technologically advanced medical technology space.
• Successful portfolio of products with a wide range of applications.
• Highly experienced leadership with an extensive background from the best of the best in the healthcare, medical, and pharma industries.
• Financially stable company with low employee turnover.
• High visibility role with the consistent interface with executive leadership.
• Take an active role in managing the day-to-day operations of plant supervisors and teams, identifying opportunities for improvement, and conducting employee coaching.
• Act as a catalyst for change while standardizing KPI’s, training and leadership procedures, and performing assessments of productivity.
• Facilitate communication of goals and changes between upper management and plant workforce. Work cross-functionally with engineering, procurement, human resources, finance, and other internal teams.
• Build structure for internal programs through team management including budget, workflow, scheduling, reporting, and more.
• Align internal employees and outside resources with company safety processes and procedures. Ensure compliance with ISO quality standards.
• Organize proper trainings for employees and ensure safety standards and production compliance is met.
• Oversee production support including equipment maintenance, scheduling, and quality.
• Systemize operations to support high growth in production rates.
• 10+ years of experience in manufacturing.
• Must have Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in engineering, bioscience, or related field.
• Background in plant leadership with the ability to organize, schedule, and lead to ensure completion of tasks with quality as the goal.
• Knowledge of mechanical and electrical equipment a strong plus, including extrusion, molding, molding presses, automated assembly, plastic materials, PLC equipment, pumps, etc.
• Strong process manufacturing background in maintenance and reliability.
• Ambitious work ethic with the desire to get others engaged in the larger picture goal.
• Ability to lead presentations, deliver value props, and communicate technical ideas to non-technical audiences.
• Familiar with ISO, clean room operations, GMP, and HACCP.
• Familiar with systems management, waste reduction, and operational efficiency goals.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.