Blue Signal Search
Our client delivers outstanding engineering services worldwide. They support home and business owners evaluate issues and complete critical documentation in order to get the help they need when experiencing a structural failure within their buildings. They are hiring a Director of Finance/Accounting to oversee a team of direct reports in supporting the AR/AP, billing, credit, and collections of the company.
This Director will manage employees and provide financial planning and analysis support to a fast-paced, innovative, and growing organization. The person in this role must demonstrate and develop their leadership skills through developing people, utilizing excellent communication, presentation, and financial analysis skills, along with providing avenues to interact regularly with top senior management throughout the organization.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary, plus bonus potential and comprehensive benefits (including medical/dental, 401(k) match).
• Team of capable, experienced professionals at the top of their industry; high average tenure.
• Opportunity to gain global-level enterprise accounting experience within a tightly knit company.
• Company is in excellent financial shape, with growing revenue and a strong set of accounting processes in place.
• Support and funding for industry certifications and skills development.
• Dynamic, market-responsive company culture with a strong focus on high quality solutions.
• Company recently restructured to become more multidisciplinary – this is an opportunity to join a growing company at the onset of bigger picture goals to become a major firm.
• Evaluate and report on staff performance. Participate in employee selection, provide career guidance and training direction, and promote team successes.
• Participate in the development and support of business strategies, supporting business from engineering to sales, and everything in between.
• Responsible for data reporting and analysis by creating and implementing reporting processes.
• Develop and present reports related to revenue, profitability, budgets, market forecasts, cost accounting, gross margin analysis, and pricing analysis.
• Ensure the delivery of accounting activities and documentation, including general ledger reconciliation, tax filings, journal entries, cash flow management, payroll, accounts payable/receivable, and monthly and year-end close process.
• Manage expense reporting, cost accounting, cash forecasting, and credit programs – identifying any discrepancies.
• Liaise between the accounting team and all other business resource team, as well as between segment CFO groups and the division business resource teams.
• 10+ years of financial analyst and/or accounting experience.
• Proven success in leadership, with a background leading teams through accounting processes.
• Demonstratable success in solving operational inefficiencies through accounting support – working cross functionally and uniting disparate teams.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting, business, or a related field. Master’s a plus.
• Industry certifications (CPA, CFA, FRM, or FMWV) are a strong plus, but not required.
• Data reporting and presentation skills, including data mining, data warehouses, and analytics.
• Strong understanding of accounting principles, financial regulations, and business-case reporting, with the ability to optimize processes as fitting.
• Analytical thinker who is able to work independently and solve problems quickly as they arise.
• Excellent reporting, communication, and presentation skills. Ability to speak to stakeholders from all aspects from business and add value to decision-making.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.