Director of Field Operations – ISP/OSP
Wireless & Telecom
Full Time Regular
Blue Signal Search
Our client is a top nationwide telecom integrator providing carrier-grade small cell design and implementation. Their highly rated scalable network solutions meet the huge demand for top-quality wireless coverage in large venues. They are hiring a Director of Field Operations to ensure the successful execution of both inside and outside plant work.
The Director of Field Operations will oversee ISP/OSP projects from bid to close-out, providing leadership to the field operations team. The company is facing high demand for wireless design and engineering, so this person has the opportunity to capitalize on huge market growth within the next few years.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus full benefits package: medical coverage, vacation time, retirement account with 401(K) company match, free travel, expense account, and other perks.
• Opportunity to expand and run a commercial telecom practice within a large and thriving nationwide turnkey integrator.
• High level of influence within new initiatives, major projects, cutting edge technology, and commercial strategy.
• Company is looking at projections of 300% employee headcount growth, as well as 400%+ in fiber project contract acquisition.
• Exciting time to get into wireless industry with a projected $400B to be spent on 5G in 2020.
• Competitive industry pricing with healthy margins on nodes and fiber.
• Regarded as “People’s Best Vendor” reputation in the industry. This earns them first pick of market share in new build regions, due to their focus on high quality results and strong client relationships.
• Company culture of investing in its employees through career advancement and continuing education, plus top-level industry coaching from best-in-the-business leadership.
• Company is heavily invested in growing operations and capital expenditures to meet high market demand for large-venue projects.
• Responsibility over all aspects of wireless projects from a field operations perspective, with a focus on ISP/OSP.
• Operational responsibilities include P&L, budget creation and enforcement, scheduling, delivery, and team/talent development. Respond to RFPs.
• Ensure project delivery meets design specifications and compliance.
• Define scope and goals, set and track milestones, assign team priorities, and report regularly to executive management.
• Develop, manage, and provide insights on department KPIs.
• Work closely with sales team to translate client’s business goals into meaningful business opportunities.
• Provide strong top-down support, including teambuilding, individual development, relationship building, team cohesion, and leadership organization.
• Organize proper trainings for employees and ensure safety standards and production compliance is met.
• 10+ years of experience in the telecom/wireless industry including direct work with ISP/OSP and network deployment.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, technology, or related field. Master’s a plus.
• Experience managing field operations teams, overseeing multiple offices, or growing organizations.
• Strong background with telecom/wireless projects for major carriers, MNOs/MVNOs, and integrators at both the national and regional level.
• Proven ability to manage large volume project fluctuations. Relationships with subcontractors or other external personnel beneficial.
• Strong technical understanding of telecom and wireless technology, especially RF, fiber, DAS, and small cell – with hands-on engineering background.
• Strong team leadership skills – can effectively manage complex teams made up of internal employees, contractors, construction teams, engineers, vendors, design firms, executive management, and municipal representatives.
• Proficiency in CAD and CAD Manager.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.