Blue Signal Search
Our client is an important part of the public safety system, offering users connectivity through wireless network, broadband, and Wi-Fi. They are hiring a Director of Business Intelligence & Reporting to support and oversee business and IT efforts by ensuring the delivery of data and analytics projects.
The Director of Business Intelligence will work closely with Chief Technology Officer, supporting initiatives between functional aspects of the company and senior leadership. They will manage the business intelligence team using strong leadership skills and technical expertise in all BI efforts to ensure overall goals are met. Their focus will be on developing system design and strategy for BI and data analytics.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus generous benefits including PTO, insurance coverage, and more.
• Stability within an essential services company.
• Central role within a key team, involved in discussions with senior leadership for budgeting, financial planning, strategy, expansion, and other crucial business decisions.
• Opportunity within the exciting and growing wireless industry.
• Strong mentorship, training, and career advancement opportunities from senior colleagues.
• Extensive support resources and tools.
• Lead and execute the data analytics and business intelligence vision for the company, including strategy development, planning, KPIs, and BI roadmapping.
• Plan, direct, and lead many BI projects at once.
• Provide technical leadership, mentoring, and coaching to technical team.
• Develop analytic reports and dashboards utilizing various databases and third-party data files.
• Manage and design the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata. Collaborate with stakeholders to document requirements for reporting.
• Identify issues in data quality that would impact reporting (i.e. duplicate records, missing data, etc.)
• Ensuring proper database backup, recovery and security procedures are in place to prevent accidental loss or destruction of production databases including implementing disaster recovery procedures.
• Work with other architects to ensure that all components work together to meet objectives and performance goals as defined in the requirements.
• Lead initiatives toward the continuous improvement of solutions and processes to ensure alignment between business strategies and technology roadmap.
• Maintain a high attention to detail in order to ensure the data integrity of architected solutions.
• 10+ years of experience in business intelligence, data analysis, or related position.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as engineering, IT, business management or computer science.
• Strong skills and understanding with BI tools and ERP data models and architectures.
• Experience with large datasets and finding patterns within.
• Ability to develop creative solutions to business challenges.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize large amount of data points and financials to build business cases that help drive decisions.
• Excellent team leadership skills, with prior experience managing direct reports.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.