Blue Signal Search
Our client is a global leader in molecular diagnostics, gene therapy, and biotechnology. They are hiring a Director to lead R&D efforts for their AAV gene therapy practice.
The Director, AAV R&D will utilize their background in cell therapy to work hands-on in the lab, developing new process flows for gene therapy drugs. In addition to new drug development, they will be responsible for building the R&D team and ensuring procedures are compliant with requirements.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits package.
• Highly respected industry reputation based on innovative products and technologies.
• Close-knit environment with likeminded self-starters.
• Work alongside a team of strong technical professionals offering services to truly impact and support those making advancements within the field of medicine.
• Culture of integrity, high performance, and quality customer care.
• Team of capable, experienced, and seasoned professionals at the top of their industry; very high average employee tenure.
• Lead R&D efforts and process flow development for AAV vectors and plasmids.
• Oversee team of scientists supporting new drug development and provide guidance to junior colleagues.
• Perform molecular experiments and create conclusions based on findings. Maintain records of data and processes throughout.
• Oversee the development and verification of analytical methods to ensure safety and quality standards.
• Collaborate with internal science team to develop qualify procedures for new drug development, ensuring compliance with appropriate quality requirements.
• Prepare data sets and reports and present to findings to senior leadership.
• Conduct molecular testing, processing, reporting, and record keeping for specimen.
• Maintain diagnostic viability of all specimens and ensure correct labeling of all materials.
• Follow the established standards and regulatory procedures and comply with legal regulations.
• 5+ years of R&D leadership experience in the biotech/pharma industry.
• PhD in Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, or other relevant scientific field.
• Fluency in Mandarin required.
• Must have gene and cell therapy experience, including AAV development, optimization, and validation.
• Thorough understanding of molecular discovery of gene therapy drugs.
• Strong oncology background with direct experience with new drug R&D processes.
• Familiar with FDA compliance for clinical development and new drug manufacturing.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with a team.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to develop creative solutions to R&D problems.
• Demonstrated R&D project management and communication skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.