Data Center Engineer
Cloud & Managed Services
Full Time Regular
Blue Signal Search
Upgrade your resume prior to applying with resumeandcareerservices.com.
Our client is an experienced leader in IT space. Backed by impressive industry success, they offer a range of innovative, cloud-based business solutions and services and disaster recovery plans to companies, on a global scale.
They are hiring a Data Center Engineer to oversee the operation, maintenance, repair, and overall physical condition of the data center, ensuring compliance with all customer SLAs and industry best practices.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary and full benefits package including health/vision/dental insurance and flexible PTO plan.
• Excellent leadership, focused on innovation and staying ahead of the technology curve.
• Strong advancement potential; company has a culture of promoting internally from their own organization.
• Customer service centric, with proven retention success.
• Strong financial stability and backed by years of growth and success.
• Close-knit culture of a small company, with the perks and industry reach of a large company.
• Opportunity to develop niche industry knowledge within UCaaS/cloud technology.
• Monitor the building’s regulations, electrical, network, and mechanical systems, including HVAC systems.
• Troubleshoot any issues that arise with site mechanical and electrical systems, specifically HVAC systems.
• Perform rounds/inspections efficiently and detect anomalies during those rounds.
• Manage projects and support the NOC to perform required work within the DC environment.
• Produce periodic status reports on utilization, progress, downtime, performance, and costs.
• Manage spare part inventory, including shipping parts to remote data center locations.
• Ensure all guests while working in the data center operate within the published operating procedures and guidelines.
• Provide weekly reports and KPIs to top management and host weekly staff meetings.
• Management of multiple vendors & associated equipment, applications, and operating systems with different contracts, warranties, processes, licenses, and processes.
• Manage cost and reduce budget, where resources are procured based on “best-cost.”
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
• 5+ years of experience in data center operations.
• Experience with executing site-specific MOPs, SOPs, and EOPs.
• Knowledge of building monitoring system (BMS) alarm functionality, alarm escalation/acknowledgment, and ability to extract data and trends.
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• Experience with managing multiple vendors and associated equipment, applications, and operating systems.
• Working knowledge of HVAC systems and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to produce periodic status reports on utilization, progress, downtime, performance, and costs.
• Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
About Blue Signal:
Blue Signal is an award-winning, executive search firm specializing in IT recruiting. Our IT recruiting team has expertise placing qualified candidates in software, cybersecurity, and emerging technology roles nationwide. Learn more at bit.ly/42QQPqi
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.