Blue Signal Search
Our client is an international leading partner of biopharmaceutical researchers. They manufacture products that help customers develop and produce biologic drugs. They are hiring a Cost Accountant with a background in manufacturing to oversee documentation and compliance for the general ledger and other internal accounting.
The Cost Accountant is responsible for engagements regarding best practices, pricing analysis, and accounting. Primarily, they will review budgets, forecasts, revenue, pricing comparison, and more to find cost savings opportunities and support the financial health of the business.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary, equity opportunity, and comprehensive benefits plan, including medical/dental/vision, 401K match, and more.
• Opportunity to develop niche background knowledge in the highly competitive, newly developed, and technologically advanced medical technology space.
• Successful portfolio of products with a wide range of applications.
• Highly experienced leadership with an extensive bio sales background at large enterprises and successful start-up companies.
• Financially stable company with low employee turnover.
• Ability to help the company tap into a global marketplace, and be a part of the key support system that leads to the next big breakthrough in biomed.
• High visibility role with the consistent interface with executive leadership.
• Responsible for data reporting and analysis by creating and implementing reporting processes.
• Develop and present reports related to revenue, profitability, budgets, market forecasts, cost accounting, gross margin analysis, and pricing analysis.
• Manage raw material inventory – run counts, monitor cycles, resolve inconsistencies, etc.
• Gather and map financial data, pull relevant statistics and metrics, and present monthly reports on KPIs. Guide partners and key stakeholders in understanding financial data sets.
• Assist teams in setting budgets, pricing models, accounting procedures, and sales goals. Report on customer and product line profit.
• Conduct financial modeling from large data sets and develop actionable. Model business cases and present data insights to management for areas related to cost reduction.
• Develop in-house policies for accounting in accordance with industry standard practices. Ensure internal controls, compliance, and best practices are upheld through SOX, ERP, GAAP, and other regulations.
• Conduct business impact analysis and implement profitability improvements.
• Partner cross functionally with internal teams to understand improvements needed to create better efficiency and greater cost-benefit.
• 2+ years of financial analyst and/or accounting experience within manufacturing, GMP, or other plan environments.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting, business, or a related field.
• Industry certifications (CPA, CFA, FRM, or FMWV) are a strong plus, but not required.
• Biotechnology background or SAP experience is beneficial.
• Data reporting skills, including data mining, data warehouses, and analytics.
• Strong understanding of accounting principles, financial regulations, and business-case reporting.
• Analytical thinker who is able to work independently and solve problems quickly as they arise.
• Excellent reporting, communication, and presentation skills. Ability to speak to stakeholders from all aspects from business and add value to decision-making.
• A strong drive and passion for the industry and company success; willing to put in the extra hours to meet deadlines such as end of quarter closes.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.