Blue Signal Search
Our client is a leading manufacturer of plastic products. Due to increased demand they are looking to hire a Corporate Product Development Engineer. The Corporate Product Development Engineer will assess capabilities, and prioritize, and implement process improvements.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the development of new and improved manufacturing processes and ensuring efficient and effective production. They will work to develop new processes to gain efficiency and improve productivity.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base pay, plus comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental, and 401(k) match.
• Multiple career advancement paths. Opportunity to develop niche skills.
• Outstanding company culture with a focus on camaraderie and respect.
• Established, respected company with an excellent industry reputation and global customer base.
• Strong support structure.
• Strong record of corporate responsibility, employee safety, and employee care.
• Strong safety culture and safety performance at each facility.
• Evaluates current manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of safety, product design, fabrication, assembly, packaging, tooling, and materials.
• Build structure for reliability program through team management including budget, workflow, scheduling and more.
• Develops manufacturing methods by studying product requirements while researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment.
• Research predictive maintenance technologies that could benefit team productivity. Propose any adoptions to executive management.
• Support preventative maintenance efforts.
• Develops Continuous Improvement projects guided by collecting and analyzing data collected from the manufacturing process.
• Systemize the maintenance team operations to support high growth in production rates.
• Completes design and development projects by training and guiding development technicians.
• Manage workflow for troubleshooting and repairs, supporting efforts for production and fixes.
• Ensure work is completed on time, within budget, and with proper documentation.
• 5+ years’ experience in mechanical operations, preferably in Plastics Manufacturing environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or relevant field.
• Must have background in Blow Molding.
• Proficiency in 3D CAD, SolidWorks preferred.
• Specialized knowledge of the plastics industry preferred.
• Knowledge of industry standards for testing, safety, environmental, and manufacturing.
• Commitment to safety and precision in manufacturing.
• Good skills in teamwork, strategy, and communication.
• Background in leadership with the ability to organize and schedule to ensure completion of tasks in timely manner.
• Ambitious work ethic with the desire to get others engaged in the larger picture goal.
• Ability to lead presentations, deliver value props, and communicate technical ideas to non-technical audiences.
• Knowledge of the industry, including:
• Blow molding
• Plastic materials
• Mold design
• Automated assembly
• Familiar with systems management, waste reduction, and operational efficiency goals.
• Ability to travel 25%.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.