Blue Signal Search
Our client is a global leader in the sustainable packaging industry, with a commitment to innovation and customer service that sets them apart. They are currently in search of a Corporate Automation Technician to join their dynamic team. This role is pivotal in the company’s operations, serving as the subject matter expert in automation and machinery servicing.
The position involves significant domestic travel and offers a unique opportunity to work on specialized projects. As the sole automation expert within the company, this role provides a platform for showcasing technical skills while contributing to the company’s commitment to sustainability and operational excellence.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary. Benefits include medical/dental/vision, 401(K) match, and more.
• Opportunity to work with cutting-edge automation technology.
• A supportive work environment that emphasizes employee development and work-life balance.
• Company and its plants have one of the best safety records in the industry. The position is virtually set up for success!
• Strong focus on operational excellence, lean manufacturing, and sustainability.
• Part of a strong packaging powerhouse with a competitive edge in machinery and servicing.
• Opportunity for training and development in order to advance career within – multiple career progression paths.
• Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) in automation, primarily responsible for servicing customer machinery.
• Acquire a detailed understanding of specific machinery, focusing on their electrical configurations, control systems, and operations.
• Handle electrical and automation installations, including commissioning of new machines, I/O checks, safety system integration, and operational testing.
• Conduct diagnostics and fault-finding on PLCs, VFDs, Servo Drives, Printers, and control systems, both on-site and remotely.
• Provide remote assistance to customers and field technicians.
• Travel both domestically and internationally, with 50%+ of the role involving travel.
• Collaborate effectively with teams and represent the company well when interacting with customers.
• 5+ years of programming experience with Allen Bradley is essential.
• A technical diploma or associate degree in automation technology, electrical engineering, or a related field is preferred, but not required.
• Experience in industries such as packaging, food production, plastics, and manufacturing is preferred.
• Strong skills in fault-finding and troubleshooting automation and electrical issues, both on-site and remotely.
• Exceptional communication skills, capable of engaging with various organizational tiers and customers.
• Knowledge of safety and continuous improvement best practices. Certifications and/or prior trainings in safety, a plus.
• Ability to handle multiple projects including organization, scheduling, and task completion, ensuring timely and in-budget delivery.
• Willingness to work in varying environments.
• Passport required for potential international travel.
About Blue Signal:
As an award-winning executive search firm, Blue Signal has a strong track record of placing top talent in the plastics & packaging space. Our plastics recruiters have deep industry expertise in plastics manufacturing, packaging design, and materials engineering. Learn more at bit.ly/44j0u9w
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.