Accounting & Finance
Full Time Regular
Blue Signal Search
Our client is a leading supply chain and logistics company, providing transportation, 3PL, and warehousing services to customers across the country. They are hiring a Controller to manage accounting and finance reporting and planning and help lead a thriving accounting and finance team.
The Controller will be responsible for financial reporting, analysis, and forecasting. They will maintain relationships with internal teams, track data, and recommend plans for optimization.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus comprehensive benefits.
• Company has a great industry reputation with decades of experience.
• Finally stable company that continued to grow during the pandemic.
• Employee-centric culture with heavy emphasis on company values of transparency and trust.
• High employee tenure with low red tape culture. They hire professionals and trust their expertise, giving them room to make tangible impacts.
• High level of autonomy in this role, taking part in a lean team where you would be the sole owner of the role – giving you the chance to truly build your career to what you want it.
• Oversee and manage the Finance team while carrying out daily accounting operations including billing, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
• Assist with financial planning, budgets, and forecasting. Compile data sets to assist with process optimization and to back up process-change ideas.
• Oversee a team of direct reports with accounting, finance, and billing responsibilities – while also working hands on to support each of these functional areas.
• Advise management teams on business operations and suggest changes to improve financial outlook and processes. Deliver quarterly/annual financial reports to stakeholders.
• Manage accounting activities and monthly close processes. Ensure all major financial deadlines (reconciliation, tax filings, etc.) are met.
• Review internal controls and auditing procedures.
• Establish and maintain corporate accounting policies and procedures.
• Ensure adherence to GAAP best practices, government regulations, and proper tax procedure.
• Develop business plans, budgets, and profitability initiatives for the plant.
• 8+ years of progressive financial/accounting management experience.
• 5+ years of experience in the logistics or transportation industry.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. CPA certification a plus.
• Leadership capabilities, ability to create buy-in through presence and guidance.
• Experience establishing and improving internal controls, with proven process optimization and ownership of outcomes.
• Understanding of GAAP, IFRS, SEC, and best practice accounting policies.
• Proficiency with MS Office, especially Excel, SQL, and other accounting software.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.