Food & Agriculture
Full Time Regular
Blue Signal Search
Upgrade your resume prior to applying with resumeandcareerservices.com.
Our client is a leader in plant genetics, using state-of-the-art technology to provide the best products on the agricultural market. They are hiring a Controller to lead the accounting and finance team, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of financial reporting and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
The Controller will be responsible for the company’s financial management, accounting, as well as office management and administration functions. This role will also lead the development and implementation of accounting policies, repeatable procedures, and controls.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits package including generous PTO, health insurance, 401K match, and more.
• Globally recognized, industry leader with an extensive background delivering innovative products in a niche market.
• Dedicated to creating a better community through sustainable technology and healthy solutions.
• Company prioritizing expansive growth within the booming agriculture industry.
• Strong opportunity for growth within the company.
• Develop and implement accounting policies, repeatable procedures, and controls to ensure accuracy and compliance with accounting standards and company policies.
• Manage month-end close processes, including the preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, and variance analysis.
• Oversee the preparation of financial statements and reports, ensuring accuracy and compliance with GAAP and regulatory requirements.
• Coordinate preparation of tax returns and ensure compliance with all tax regulations.
• Manage company’s cash flow, including the preparation of cash forecasts and monitoring of cash balances.
• Collaborate with external entities to complete yearly audits, assisting as needed.
• Serve as SME and primary contact for all accounting and financial reporting matters.
• Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements and company policies related to accounting and finance.
• Provide leadership, guidance, and training to the accounting and finance team.
• Oversee office management functions, including managing office supplies, overseeing facilities management, and managing vendor relationships.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required.
• 10+ years of progressive accounting and finance experience, preferably in a corporate environment.
• Strong knowledge of US GAAP accounting principles and practices, with familiarity with IFRS a plus.
• Experience with SAP ERP S4 and CRM platforms (i.e., ScienceForce) preferred.
• Demonstrated leadership experience, including cross-functional communication and stakeholder management.
• Skilled at identifying, analyzing, and solving complex accounting and financial problems.
• Familiarity with the agriculture industry is preferred, but not mandatory.
• Knowledge of federal, state, and local tax regulations and compliance requirements.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively convey financial information to internal and external stakeholders.
About Blue Signal:
Blue Signal is an award-winning, executive search firm specializing in food & agriculture recruitment. Our food & agriculture recruiting team unites professionals in agribusiness, food processing, and agricultural technology with innovative companies. Learn more at bit.ly/40LrcFx
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.