Wireless & Telecom
Full Time Regular
Blue Signal Search
Upgrade your resume prior to applying with resumeandcareerservices.com.
Our client is a regulated non-profit utility company that provides safe, clean, and reliable energy services to better the lives of the people it serves. To date, they have serviced electricity and water to over 15,000 homes that previously did not have access. They are hiring a Controller to lead the finance team, overseeing the accounting and control functions.
The Controller will be responsible for financial reporting, compliance, policy development, and budgeting. This individual will also provide strategic financial guidance and make recommendations to support the organization’s success.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus an incredible benefits package including medical/dental/vision, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement and more.
• Employee assistance, including daycare services and counseling.
• Company ranked as a Top Workplace with a tight knit, engaging culture.
• Culture of integrity, high performance, and innovative ideas.
• Commitment to diversity and inclusivity across all they do.
• Innovative work environment with access to top-rated and newest technologies.
• Oversee the maintenance of general ledgers, ensuring accurate classification of expenditures and documents.
• Prepare financial statements at various levels and analyze special or statistical reports.
• Direct, consolidate, and analyze all cost accounting procedures and routine financial reports.
• Develop accounting policies and procedures, and establish operating methods aligned with regulatory standards and accounting best practices.
• Ensure compliance with government regulations applicable to government contracts.
• Engage with outside auditors, providing information and access to general ledger and other accounting records as needed.
• Advise management and recommend appropriate corrective actions in cases where current practices are inconsistent with policies or fail to provide adequate controls.
• Assist in the review and analysis of risk management programs to optimize coverage and minimize costs and losses.
• Develop budgets and allocate funds within budget limits, and monitor variances against budget.
• Supervise and manage a team of accounting staff, providing leadership, guidance, and mentorship.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field required.
• 7+ years of accounting and finance experience, preferably in utility accounting.
• Strong background in supervisory roles leading, managing, and developing accounting teams.
• Expertise in accounting or finance, with a strong understanding of financial reporting, compliance, and policy development.
• Familiarity with industry-specific regulations, such as the FERC Uniform System of Accounts, PUC regulations, and RUS System of Accounts.
• Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP accounting principles and practices.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
About Blue Signal:
Blue Signal is an award-winning, executive search firm specializing in finance & accounting recruiting. We have a strong reputation for finding top talent in private equity, asset management, financial services, FinTech, and accounting leadership. Learn more at bit.ly/3lN4mhQ
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.