Blue Signal Search
Our client is a well-established distribution company providing quality construction materials at wholesale rates. They are a family owned business that is growing at a rapid pace and have gained an excellent industry reputation along the way. They are hiring a Controller with a background in the distribution or construction industry to manage accounting and finance reporting and planning within the company.
The Controller will be responsible for financial planning and forecasting, as well as daily accounting operations. This individual will be doing all full-cycle accounting functions for the company, including month/year end close, journal entries, bank reconciliations, consolidations, and occasional audit and tax matters. This role will oversee and support the expanding accounting and finance team and report to the CFO.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary. This is a contract role with a possibility of contract extension and/or permanent placement.
• Tight-knit family owned business experiencing an exciting growth stage.
• 30 years of proven ability to grow and continued success amongst a competitive market.
• Fun and relaxed work environment where strong culture fit is a must across all departments.
• Direct and progressive management style where new ideas are welcomed and acted upon.
• Opportunity to grow and expand accounting skills within the distribution/wholesale space.
• Oversee and manage accounting functions and daily operations including billing, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
• Manage accounting activities and monthly close processes. Ensure all major financial deadlines (reconciliation, tax filings, etc.) are met.
• Assist with financial planning, budgets, and forecasting. Compile data sets to assist with process optimization and to back up process-change ideas.
• Advise management on business operations and suggest changes to improve financial outlook and processes. Deliver quarterly/annual financial reports to stakeholders.
• Establish and maintain corporate accounting policies and procedures.
• Present financial statements, covenant compliance, and variance analysis.
• Ensure adherence to GAAP best practices, government regulations, and proper tax procedure nationally.
• 10+ years of financial management, accounting, or other controls-related experience.
• 5+ years of Control experience, preferably in distribution or construction industry.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. MBA and/or CPA is a bonus.
• Experience in leadership roles.
• Strong experience establishing and improving internal controls.
• A track record of being hands-on and nimble, implementing process improvements and other initiatives for a company going through various growth phases.
• Understanding of GAAP, IFRS, SEC, and best practice international accounting policies.
• Experience auditing complex privately held companies, preferred.
• Proficiency with ERP, Agility, Excel, and other accounting software, a plus.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.