Blue Signal Search
Our client is a leading provider of innovative IoT solutions. They are creating new ways to build end-to-end solutions, supporting the Internet of Things and tomorrow’s tech innovations. To support their continued development, they are looking to hire a Component Engineer to support the procurement and delivery of software and hardware components. As a technical SME, this person will work closely with the engineering team on a day-to-day basis.
The Component Engineer will leverage their materials planning background in order to reduce costs and identify opportunities for savings. They will also support future product development by defining which components and suppliers to use for tomorrow’s exciting projects.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus equity options and a comprehensive benefits package including 100% covered health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k) plan, flexible working hours, and relocation assistance.
• Diverse learning environment where new ideas and suggestions are not only welcomed but encouraged and acted on.
• High employee satisfaction and a small, tight-knit team environment with a management culture that is highly receptive to feedback. Commitment to setting everyone up for success.
• American-made products with strong international investors.
• High visibility within the company and industry.
• Position open due to growth. Materials planning function is new to company, providing this hire the opportunity to develop the business unit to fit their own vision.
• Support engineering, design, and production teams by defining which components are needed for current and future product development.
• Update cost and timeline estimates throughout the product lifecycle for mechanical and electrical components.
• Set up supply chain and manage materials supply during NPI phase.
• Serve as first point of contact with new suppliers, establishing vendor relationships and engaging in quality efforts.
• Negotiate pricing and contractual obligations to achieve cost savings and favorable terms.
• Ensure availability of parts and conduct sourcing as needed.
• Manage the material transfer to contract manufacturers as the products transition to high volume production.
• Perform various material management analysis such as statistical material consumption and forecasts, aged inventory, aged purchase orders, in-transit material analysis, safety stock, etc.
• Record inventory, costs, timelines, etc. for materials to produce reports and maintain data.
• Foster a workplace of continuous innovation and development.
• 5+ years of materials planning and/or commodity management experience.
• Knowledge of supply chain management and set up – from selecting components, planning, and tracking to ensuring compliance.
• Prior engineering experience strongly preferred – must be able to identify components in support of the engineering team.
• Background in supplier quality, with the ability to engage, communicate, and negotiate with vendors. International supplier experience a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher a plus, equivalent work experience accepted.
• Experience with product lifecycle management systems (Centric, Epicor, Arena, etc.).
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.