Communications Systems Engineer
San Diego, CA
Wireless & Telecom
Full Time Regular
Blue Signal Search
Upgrade your resume prior to applying with resumeandcareerservices.com.
Our client leads innovation in the wireless communications space for space applications. They are hiring a Communications System Engineer with expertise in signal processing to develop and implement wireless communication system designs.
The Communications System Engineer will work as part of a tightly knit multi-disciplinary team to develop embedded software for advanced, feature-rich software-defined radio technology. As part of the product development team, this person will have a strong influence on development activities from end to end, including conceptual design, development, coding, testing of DSP algorithms, and embedded software/firmware.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus generous benefits package, including medical/dental/vision, etc.
• Highly experienced leadership and a culture of mentorship and innovation.
• Exciting role focusing on communications innovations and new architectures to push forward the state of wireless technologies for lunar applications.
• High employee tenure with low red tape culture. They hire professionals and trust their expertise, giving them room to make tangible impacts.
• Robust portfolio of clients with the opportunity to work with international customers.
• Work with a team of engineers to architect, develop, prototype, and test MIMO systems.
• Develop performance test system solutions as part of a team of senior hardware and software engineers.
• Integrate and validate new product designs.
• Write and participate in reviewing of specifications.
• Develop feature enhancements, firmware, and software, with some hardware interaction.
• Drive toward automation of all tests within a Continuous Integration environment.
• Troubleshoot and triage firmware issues within the wireless networking framework.
• 3+ years’ experience in communications systems engineering.
• MSEE/MSCS required, Ph.D. a strong plus.
• Proven experience with DSP engineering and signal processing.
• Firm background working with digital signal processors, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, and RF test and measurement equipment.
• Experience in FPGA wireless system design using Simulink or VHDL.
• Excellent grasp of Linux, C++, C, and Python in an embedded environment.
About Blue Signal:
Blue Signal is an award-winning, executive search firm specializing in telecommunications recruiting. Our telecommunications recruiters have a proven track record of placing top-tier talent in the industry, with deep expertise in wireless, fiber, network infrastructure, etc. Learn more at bit.ly/3JZNTim
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.