Blue Signal Search
Our client manufactures top products and components globally. They are hiring a Commodity Risk Specialist to support key system wide projects and analytical assessments of various commodity markets, supply chain initiatives, and government policies. They will leverage their know-how in asset optimization and logistics and access to the physical markets, to trade financial commodities.
This Commodity Risk Specialist will focus on middle-office, risk and financial controls function and will be accountable for ensuring that trading activities are conducted within a robust control framework. They will be working cross-functionally with various internal business departments across a range of focus industries.
This Role Offers:
• This is a contract role that will last 6 months with the ability to renew and/or convert.
• Contract at a competitive pay rate, plus comprehensive benefits, and more.
• Multiple career advancement paths within larger corporation.
• Large pool of financial resources and software tools.
• Culture of high quality and superior safety.
• Culture of safety, collaboration, management, and optimization of the facility’s integrated value-chain.
• Generate investment ideas based on fundamental research and data analysis and build detailed fundamental commodity supply and demand models.
• Manage independent monitoring and risk validation of commodity transactions and portfolio risk exposure.
• Bring transparency to deal structures and explaining financial impacts in operational terms to Commodity Risk Manager.
• Model commodity data for specific markets and produce ad hoc analysis based on short-term market developments.
• Ensure timely validation of deal blotters and business summaries from the front office to ensure that new business deals are accurately represented in the system.
• Develop and expand analytics tools and processes while staying on top of market research and insights.
• Liaise with legal team for review of new commodity contracts.
• Manage compliance/reporting of commodity transactions with regulatory requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or work equivalent experience in related field.
• 2+ years of prior commodity trading experience.
• Must have strong MS Office skills including Teams, Excel, Outlook, etc.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Thrive a fast-paced environment while collaborating with cross-functional teams.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.