Blue Signal Search
Our client is a leading provider of information technology and managed services. Their robust portfolio of solutions helps companies around the world address challenges surrounding their business, technology, finance, and more. They are hiring a Cisco Security Engineer to ensure system security efforts and support security and compliance development.
The Cisco Security Engineer will work directly with customers to design and implement Cisco based data centers. This role will manage the entire project lifecycle through completion, working cross-functionally with various teams throughout. Candidates must be local to Chicago and available to be on-site about once a week.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus a full benefits package including a tuition reimbursement policy.
• An opportunity to be part of the forefront of innovation in IT solutions, within a forward-thinking, intuitive company.
• Opening at a pivotal moment in company development – opportunity to shape the future of the organization through your contributions.
• New, incredible leadership where you can work alongside peers who have led innovations in the IT space.
• Culture of loyalty, collaboration, high performance, and strong support. Promotions from within are common practice.
• Diverse learning environment focused on developing their Center of Excellence.
• Company has track record of financial strength, operating independently for over 40 years.
• Remote work opportunity.
• Design, define, and implement processes for building LAN/WAN security infrastructure, testing, risk mitigation, maintenance, and more.
• Triage/assess security issues and engage with internal teams, security vendors, and customers to ensure timely remediation of issues.
• Perform daily system monitoring, problem determination, and resolution related to security, in partnership with infrastructure and technology teams.
• Work directly with customers on expectations and system requirements, communicating risk and changes throughout the project lifecycle.
• Assist with troubleshooting and resolve escalated support tickets and issues.
• Assist in defining project goals, and act as a technical resource for product managers. Influence the product and where it needs to go.
• Stay up to date on the cloud security market and its newest developments. Bring knowledge of security features, product deployments, etc. back to the team.
• 7+ years of Information technology experience focused on Cisco technology, with increasing responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field. CCIE required.
• Comfortable working with complex LAN/WAN network infrastructure. Knowledge of Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco ISE/ASA/FirePower, Aruba wireless, a plus.
• Experience developing, implementing, monitoring, and troubleshooting data center technology.
• Strong background working with wireless technology, routers, switches, controls, etc.
• In-depth experience in security operations, security policy development, and risk analysis concepts.
• Excellent skills in MS Office Suite.
• Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to manage ticket escalation tasks.
• Firm ability to communicate technical solutions to non-technical audiences.
• Must possess a strong go-getter type of work ethic – with the ability to work independently, learn quickly, and hit the ground running.
• Strong customer facing skills and ability to build upon industry relationships.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.