Blue Signal Search
Our client is a leading provider of network connectivity services for public safety and enterprises. They are creating new ways to transmit data, supporting the Internet of Things, secure networks, and tomorrow’s tech innovations. Now that they have raised the funding for their projects, they are looking to hire a Chief Product Officer to take ownership of product activities like defining requirements, business modelling, and road mapping.
The Chief Product Officer is the head of product strategy for this new network solutions discipline. They will lead the product team to attract the right customers in their targeted markets, and in developing new solutions in the areas of secure data share and private networking.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus bonus structure, 401K options, and full benefits package.
• Recent $MM funding of their premiere, commercially produced device.
• Company looking to prove itself in the market by meeting rapid growth needs with advanced solutions. They are putting capital into product development, brand exposure, and are gunning for the top position in this emerging market.
• High employee tenure and a small, tight-knit team environment with a management culture that is highly receptive to feedback. Commitment to setting everyone up for success.
• Opportunity to work on many different types of projects, involving tech such as cloud, IoT, private networking, hosted solutions, DAS, emerging technology, Wi-Fi, and more.
• High visibility within the company and industry. Many opportunities to represent the company at trade shows, events, and conferences.
• Small, agile company with a high-demand product line and an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Take full ownership of networking platform and strategy. Act as VOC throughout the company and product lifecycle to ensure connectivity, hardware, firmware, and software all meet customer needs.
• Research, document, and champion customer pain points, use cases, market gaps, etc. – and create product requirements that address those needs.
• Lead product development and management teams to work cross-functionally with marketing, sales, engineering, and other internal teams. Oversee high-level solutions proposals in response to clients’ project requirements, and relay that vision into action for all internal product teams.
• Negotiate key network connectivity contracts for new R&D solutions.
• Develop and refine product strategy, especially for emerging technologies and growing market areas as it changes and expands.
• Report to executive management on wireless network industry trends, market growth, and competitor solutions.
• Leverage existing relationships within enterprise and private sectors including commercial real estate, stadiums, venues, hospitals, public safety, first responders, and more.
• Holds responsibility for P&L, budget creation and enforcement, etc.
• Support the company as it develops its unique private network connectivity niche in the telecom industry.
• Collaborate with design team, providing detailed design input for projects to ensure top quality proposals. Participate in design reviews and help update manuals and brochures.
• Educate internal teams on connectivity augmentation solutions, decentralized infrastructure, LoRa and spectrum technology, embedded solutions, and more. Make technical presentations at conferences and industry trade shows, acting as a customer-facing thought leader within the space.
• 10+ years of product leadership experience in telecommunications, with a focus on hardware, software, and/or firmware systems.
• Proven ability to lead road mapping, planning, budgeting, and more throughout product lifecycle.
• 5+ years of experience in network connectivity. Knowledge of relevant technologies, industry movement, target markets, etc.
• Prior experience selling to private enterprise and public safety.
• Working understanding of wireless infrastructure, technology, and equipment, including:
• DAS, Small Cells
• LoRa, LAN, WAN
• 5G/LTE, mmWave, CBRS
• Private networks
• RF Repeaters
• Wi-Fi, IoT Connectivity
• Good customer-facing skills and experience with sales documentation (quotes/RFPs, proposals).
• Experience with emerging technologies, IoT, embedded systems, etc.
• Comfortable talking to decision-makers in a wide range of industries. Excellent written communication and technical presentation skills.
• Established relationships with vendors, integrators, OEMs, etc. a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.