Medical & Healthcare
Full Time Regular
Blue Signal Search
Our client has over four decades of experience providing pharmacy, clinical, and nonclinical care to patients both at home and throughout their community. They focus on quality, innovation, and improving their community as a whole. They are hiring an Insurance Verification and Eligibility Specialist to identify payer sources, explain benefits and insurance, and document patient charges accordingly.
The Insurance Verification and Eligibility Specialist is responsible for verifying patient insurances and identifying eligibility issues. In addition to documentation, they will work with operations and finance leadership to review reports for completeness and accuracy.
This Role Offers:
• Full time role with competitive hourly wage.
• Company has strong financial standing – parent company over many services and brands.
• Over 40+ years of experience and proven industry success.
• Company on the cutting edge of healthcare technology innovation.
• Massive customer base and a nationwide reputation and presence.
• High employee tenure with low red tape culture. They hire professionals and trust their expertise, giving them room to make tangible impacts.
• Identify payers and patients to collect for services effectively and accurately.
• Interpret patient eligibility and plan structure to determine patient responsibility.
• Explain insurance benefits, deductibles, and out of pocket expenses to clients and patients.
• Act as subject matter expert on Medicare/Medicaid and educate patients on their benefits accordingly.
• Maintain up to date knowledge on relevant programs, including financial assistance, health care credit extensions, and hardship programs.
• Work with finance team to review revenue cycle reports.
• Ensure excellent documentation for all activities.
• 1-2+ years of experience in financial clearance or collections roles. Leadership experience a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field strongly preferred.
• Must have prior experience assessing patient eligibility and verifying insurance in a healthcare setting.
• Strong understanding of medical and insurance terminology and government/commercial payer requirements.
• Expertise in Medicare/Medicaid requirements, co-pays, and contracted rates.
• Quick learner and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong communication and critical thinking skills to develop creative solutions to business challenges.
• Proficiency with MS Office applications.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.