Blue Signal Search
Our client is a global leader in their field and employees over 10,000 people globally. They are hiring a Indirect Category Buyer – Purchasing, Procurement to assist in sourcing projects for MRO, CAPEX, and Professional Service contractors.
The Category Buyer – Purchasing, Procurement will be responsible for sourcing, developing, and identifying cost-saving solutions surrounding the company’s contractor services. Their focus will support overall company initiatives including the most favorable pricing and terms.
This Role Offers:
• Potential in a successful company with many growth opportunities.
• Excellent work-life balance.
• Strong record of corporate responsibility, employee safety, and employee care.
• Many career advancement paths and support for training and certifications.
• Large pool of financial resources and data tools.
• Access to upper management and high degree of influence over business processes.
• Strong portfolio of hand-picked customers.
• Multiple career advancement paths: can develop niche skills or move upward into management.
• Very high average employee tenure.
• Work with Stakeholders to create and grow sourcing pipelines, cost reduction, risk and demand management.
• Work autonomously to create categorical sourcing strategies. Implement them across business units to create change in policies and procedures to impact revenue.
• Oversee operational activities for the procurement business unit. Closely manage timelines, pricing, orders, and day-to-day activities of the team.
• Guide internal resources. Maintain relationships with vendors and suppliers including contract drafting, conducting data analysis and training team members.
• Conduct market research regularly to ensure competitive landscape and compare vendor offerings.
• Assist with P&L and team budget. Deliver regular reports and forecasts.
• Assist with RFPs and RFQs from suppliers and vendors. Negotiate these terms and deliver optimal terms to team.
• Communicate key issues and solutions to team members and internal business partners, including the cross-functional team members. Develop strong business relationships across business units.
• 6+ years of experience in Category Sourcing or applicable Bachelor’s degree.
• Specialization in one of the following areas: MRO, Capex, OR Professional Services.
• Knowledge of specific category market and best practices. Relationships within category a plus.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and support team activities.
• Up to date on current market trends and pricing.
• Thorough experience in project management, analysis and contract negotiation.
• Presentation experience presenting to internal groups and management.
• Consulting experience a plus.
• Vendor management skills and experience managing proposals and contract negotiations.
• Proficiency with alternative decision making, strategy development and procurement and sourcing systems.
• P&L experience.
• Outstanding team leadership and operational skills. Keen deadline sensitivity.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.