Buyer Project Manager
Thousand Oaks, CA
Full Time Regular
Blue Signal Search
Our client is a global manufacturer of precision component products developed for the military, healthcare, and industrial OEMs. This dynamic, growing organization is seeking a Buyer Project Manager.
The Buyer Project Manager will lead cross-functional team engagement through supplier selection process, including the communication of requirements, schedules, deadlines, strategic objectives, and risks. If you are a savvy, team-focused professional, with a passion for helping organizations deliver innovative, new products on-time and best-in-class, then this could be the role for you! The more technical and engineering centric your educational or on-the-job experience, the better!
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus outstanding benefits package, bonus opportunity, and 401K.
• High employee tenure with low red tape culture. They hire professionals and trust their expertise, giving them room to make tangible impacts.
• Financially independent and stable company with zero debt and 20% growth over the last year.
• High level of autonomy in this role, with the opportunity to advocate for employees while making impactful change on a business level.
• Many career advancement paths with potential to grow into a global role.
• Hybrid work environment.
• Welcoming team culture, with exceptional work/life balance.
• Partner with internal stakeholders (technical and commercial) on supporting the on-time development and delivery of new product initiatives, through the creation of innovative sourcing and supply chain strategies.
• Manage supplier selection process, meeting the organization’s standards of price, quality, timing, and reliability of supply.
• Analyze and stratify quotations to maximize business objectives.
• Identify and execute opportunities for cost reduction and supplier performance improvement.
• Plan and lead negotiations with suppliers (terms, conditions, progressive payment schedules).
• Create supplier scorecards and manage supplier quality.
• Execute on required quoting efforts including volume price breaks and communicating lead time expectations with potential suppliers.
• Maintain a quote archive that is organized and searchable for future reference on pricing and lead time.
• Work as a strategic partner to engineering, product and executive teams to align and gain buy-in for strategic sourcing strategies.
• Lead cross-functional teams through supplier selection process, including the communication of requirements, schedules, deadlines, strategic objectives, and risks.
• Some international travel is required.
• 5+ years of experience in relevant field with a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or comparable major OR 12 years of relevant on-the-job experience.
• Experience in technical purchasing and supporting new product introductions.
• Demonstrable experience in negotiating prices and terms and conditions.
• Knowledge of market research, data analysis and purchasing best practices.
• Working knowledge of MS Office.
• Competent with computer software such as SAP or similar ERP system.
• Background in project management is preferred.
About Blue Signal:
Blue Signal is an award-winning, executive search firm specializing in IT recruiting. Our IT recruiting team has expertise placing qualified candidates in software, cybersecurity, and emerging technology roles nationwide. Learn more at bit.ly/42QQPqi
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.